View Full Version : Book - Stahl's Illustrated Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder

DesertDave
11-10-09, 01:39 PM
Has anyone read this or looked at it?

My p-doc just got it and is impressed with it. She suggested I check it out.

The author, Stephen Stahl, has apparently written a number of pharmacology books. He has a number of "illustrated...." ones now.

This sounds interesting because it's supposed to be very visual. Anything else technical I've tried to read just makes my eyes glaze over and I lose focus.

ADDMagnet
11-14-09, 07:41 PM
I heard of that book but I haven't seen it. However, I do have another one of his books, "Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology: Neuroscientific Basis and Practical Applications". I have no background in pharmacology or pharmacy but I have an interest in the subject matter. I liked the book (not that I could understand it all since my degree is in accounting and not any of the sciences) and i did learn quite a bit. I did love the pictures and illustrations. I think it makes it easier to comprehend. And it has come in handy as a reference. And I actually read all 1000 pages--over a period of many months.

I just went to a CHADD support group meeting this week and we had a guest speaker, a psychiatrist, from a psychiatric research center and the handout she gave us on ADHD had several pages from the Stephen Stahl's book that I have!! (There is a chapter on ADHD in the book.)

ginniebean
11-14-09, 07:53 PM
I just looked it up and yeah, wow, I am going to have to get this one.. geez my book list is growing.

DesertDave
11-15-09, 11:59 PM
Thanks to both of you for the replies. It was just recently released. I'll see if the library has it before I fork out money for it.

But anything that helps me understand this stuff better would be a good thing.