View Full Version : ??? - 50 mg Seroquel XR - AMAZING results for my depression!

coondude88
11-11-09, 01:55 PM
My doc switched me from 7.5 mg Zyprexa to 50 mg Seroquel XR. The results have been amazing. My depression is gone, I have no mood swings EVER, and I'm happy all the time!

How is it that such a tiny dose of this medicine had such great effects for me? I have read that Seroquel doesn't even have antipsychotic effects until 400mg. I almost feel as though I'm paying $50 a month to take a sugar pill - that actually works!

Note - I also take Concerta 36 mg and Lexapro 15 mg.

What's up with this?

Communicators
11-13-09, 02:13 AM
Same here. The key is staying awake on low dosages, utilizing other medications. People don't realize what we know.

Go to my Threads in the Adderall forum:

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74906

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74798

Thinkey
11-13-09, 01:15 PM
I have been taking seroquel 50mg for sleep for 3 and a half years now and its been my miracle cure for my racing thoughts, insomnia, anexiety at night, and general restlessness at night (and include into that hot flashes!)

I have come to the conclusion tho, if i went to bed with something on my mind at night, i would feel better about it the next day, but the low mood of the daytime was still there, with lack of motivation, and therefore, then entrs the worry agan.

I am now trying out citalopram 20mg for a mild depression, and I tried dex 10mg daily, and it feels like my work life has turned around completely!

So now its back to the doc next week, to try and get on dex since it works wonders.

Seroquel is definitely my "old faithful" however. No matter how bad you feel or how nervous you get, once you fall asleep on that drug, everything looks better next morning

PickMeUpRoadie
01-19-10, 10:59 PM
My doc switched me from 7.5 mg Zyprexa to 50 mg Seroquel XR. The results have been amazing. My depression is gone, I have no mood swings EVER, and I'm happy all the time!

How is it that such a tiny dose of this medicine had such great effects for me? I have read that Seroquel doesn't even have antipsychotic effects until 400mg. I almost feel as though I'm paying $50 a month to take a sugar pill - that actually works!

Note - I also take Concerta 36 mg and Lexapro 15 mg.

What's up with this?
Actually Quetiapine tends to have an anti-psychotic effect around 200mg or less.