View Full Version : Irreggular sleep pattern

IwishIwasslow
11-29-09, 12:21 PM
hey every one i think i have a weird sleep pattern it goes kinda like this:

wake up at 1am till 4am
then sleep from 4am-630 (if i have to get my son up for school)
then at 7:30 back to bed till 9am or i untill I get woken up.
Then up till 9pm then sleep till 1am

I call this maximizing my alert hours there is no one up @ 1am in my house and the day time is too distracting cars going by people etc...

feedback please.

wsmac
11-29-09, 05:22 PM
I think it's an interesting sleep pattern.:D

I change my sleep schedule often which results in never really getting a straight 8 hrs of sleep.

I have gone to sleep only to wake up later on and be feeling wide awake.
Sometimes I get up and do stuff until I get sleepy again. I rather like this, because like you... I find the quiet to be much nicer than the day full of distractions.

I suppose the only concerns are you getting enough sleep for a purely physical health reason, and the time you are able to commit to family.

I don't like getting into a cycle where I am so tired when my daughter is awake, that I just have to go crash in bed and miss my time with her.

Last night at work, I clocked out at 10:30pm then stayed until 4:30am.
I just didn't feel like going home to sleep, and there was nothing else I imagined I would enjoy doing at home (my daughter is on vacation with her mom), so I hung around the E.R. and helped with the cleaning of the rooms and just visited... it was a pretty quiet night...

I awoke at 6:30... too tired... went back to sleep until 7:30ish, got up for a little bit, then back to sleep for a couple more hours.
Today is a day off for me and I've had no issue with hanging out in my pj's on the computer. In fact... I may just take a nap pretty soon!:D

Unless your sleeping habits are causing negative issues in your life... I don't see anything wrong there.

stef
11-29-09, 05:43 PM
hey if it works why not? as long as you're getting enough rest.

Logic
11-30-09, 09:42 PM
I don't think that's too strange IwishIwasslow.
My sleep pattern has been degenerating until the stage it's at now, I fall asleep after being awake for about 26-28hours (this includes doing all the stuff I normally do like lift weights, go running, train martial arts, work for 6 hours, out with the dog etc) then I'll sleep for maybe 5 hours, waking frequently, then do it all again.
I'm glad I don't work a regular shift else I'd be out of a job...

Doc gave me a huge dunt of sedatives last week to help knock me out, still trialing that because it didn't really work too well (I stumbled about like a drunk when walking, but remained awake and unsettled for hours).

Logic

Fini Shell
01-08-10, 05:51 AM
If you get nice rest for your body that is nothing problem in it. but dont sleep a long it may create some drastic changes in your body.