View Full Version : Seriously Thinking of Asking

WHAT?!
12-07-09, 12:59 PM
Can't believe I finally decided to do this. This is my first forum, blah blah blah. Brief Hx: 42 Female, 2 children: 1-11 & 1-2 1/2, I've been on every med. you can imagine, EXCEPT Daytrana patch, and Desoxyn. Currently on Ritilan, just recently combined with Straterra. Ritlain: 20mgs 4x/day, now adding Straterra in A.M., 25mg., and do not like the feeling with the Straterra now added, so I've stopped it. I've been with my Psychiatrist for about 2-3yrs now, have been ADD since 6 or 7 yrs old, and on med's entire life. I have been reading all of this info on Desoxyn and it it just seems brainless that my Psych. would have already suggested this to me as opposed to having me on every OTHER med available, and then having to take so many pills, including TWO different med's for one issue. I would like to ask him about this, BUT I also am a little apprehensive on his response due to the reputation, obviously, that is attached with this med. My appt. is in two weeks. Any advice?

merovingian
12-12-09, 03:36 AM
Well, I say try everything to most people but desoxyn, is a lot like dexadrine, imo, and is for some subject to abuse for some people.

My other advice is to take two consecutive days off a week as you can build up a tolerance, take 5-HTP, L-Tyrosine and anti oxidents to help midigate the risk of neurotoxicity. And start with a 1/4 5 milligram pill your first dose and work your way up a little at a time.

Most importantly, I'm not a doctor and I advise you to run all this advice by your doctor before acting on anything you read on this forum.

Hope it helps.

Yellow
12-13-09, 10:48 AM
neurotoxicity is the main reason i would stay away from methamphetamine, especially when dexedrine is just as effective for adhd purposes. meth might have less side effects and last longer, but the price is the increased chance of toxicity, so maybe dex is a better choice in the long term.