View Full Version : Attention Deficit Disorder Foundation Services Wanted Poll #3

healthwiz
05-30-04, 10:29 AM
Complete #1 and #2 as well.

Nucking_Futs
07-03-04, 06:44 PM
Can I vote more than once? I'm a mother with ADD I need a LOT of assistance.

Tara
07-06-04, 04:38 PM
How are things with this foundation going?

robmhill
07-06-04, 06:21 PM
none
getting stuff done concentrateing

but they are improving rapidly now

healthwiz
08-27-04, 02:22 AM
How are things with this foundation going?

hi Tara

Things are not going at this time. I had some personal family illness this summer and am just getting back in the drivers seat again.

A foundation is a huge undertaking. I would need some help from a lot of people interested in making such a foundation really happen. If the people are there and ready, then we need to first state who we are, are we serious, and get communicating about this in a serious manner.

The polls show there are some serious needs, many of which are not being addressed as serious or crippling by current ADD treatment regimens. To get these areas addressed will require proactiveness on the part of a large group of people willing to merge their efforts. Are you out there, willing, people?

Volunteers step forward with your expertise, your time, your energy, your brains, your engenuity, and eventually with your small cash contributions towards the goal to pay expenses for establishing a foundation.

I'll need to know who you are and if your out there, so don't be shy, all brains, all talents, all interested, arise!

Jon

Nucking_Futs
08-31-04, 09:02 PM
Hey Jon,

What your doing is admirable and I'm sorry to hear about your family crisis I do hope everything is working out for you guy's over there. I'll keep you in my thought's.

I'm not entirely sure what your looking for...I'm not really an expert at anything. I have done a lot of research in ADD management without meds such as Yoga, excercise, nurtition and so forth. Chances are if it's in a book or on the net I can find it.

I'm also good at making list's and making sure thing's are carried out since it's the only way I've been able to function with my ADHD. Why don't you let me know what you'd like help with and I can let you know if it's something I feel I can handle. I won't take on anything though that I feel is out of my range. I don't like letting anyone down.

Big hugs and good luck,
Cherity

healthwiz
09-01-04, 01:44 AM
Hey Jon,

What your doing is admirable and I'm sorry to hear about your family crisis I do hope everything is working out for you guy's over there. I'll keep you in my thought's.

***Thank you Cherity. My father was ill and passed away. It took some time to heal. We are doing good.

I'm not entirely sure what your looking for...I'm not really an expert at anything. I have done a lot of research in ADD management without meds such as Yoga, excercise, nurtition and so forth. Chances are if it's in a book or on the net I can find it.

*** That is VERY helpful, someone who can do research to find answers to many questions!!!

I'm also good at making list's and making sure thing's are carried out since it's the only way I've been able to function with my ADHD. Why don't you let me know what you'd like help with and I can let you know if it's something I feel I can handle. I won't take on anything though that I feel is out of my range. I don't like letting anyone down.

*** My first instinct is to ask you to look up how to form a non-profit foundation, in the State of Florida. Also, to check if the state of florida is the best place to set one up. I just happen to be a resident of Florida. If you could find that out and break it down into a list of tasks, that would be tremendous.

*** What are we trying to do. Well, so far the we is anyone who is able to get involved. My vision, however, is to begin a more systematic recognition of the specific obstacles that ADDers are often finding challenging in every day life, and are having trouble finding anyone cognizant that these troubles exist. Second, I want some research into novel ways that work for bypassing these obstacles. There is no reason why obstacles should be permanent blocks to success and happiness. Someone just has to develop techniques, technology, or something new, to get ADDers past these obstacles with practice. Three, I want to set up a foundation that will allow ADDers to raise money for scholarships to send adult ADDers back to college or other training to finish their degrees, get higher degrees, get careers they like, for those who were diagnosed late in life.

***So, my vision at this time, is 1) awareness of the real daily challenges, not general but very specific. 2) creation of novel strategies to overcome and 3) a foundation for scholarships for adult adders to go back to college or other training as desired to get good careers

All positive thoughts, positive momentum, volunteering, welcome. These are worthwhile goals. Get positive and get behind making a good thing happen.

Jon

Big hugs and good luck,
Cherity

***THank you Cherity :)

Trooper Keith
10-14-04, 04:19 PM
The following website has information on applying for tax-exempt status in the State of Florida. Most important to note here is the IRS information. Bringing the organization under Section 501 is almost absolutely essential. It will allow you federal tax-exempt status for anything done as an organization.

http://sun6.dms.state.fl.us/dor/businesses/nonprofit.html

I work in WV for a non-profit charitable organization which offers tutoring and afterschool programs to children in the area. If you want, I can get in touch with my boss there and find out what kind of processes you'd need to go through to actually start the organization up, or at least what offices to contact. I imagine you register it the same way you'd register a business...and your profile indicates you're familiar with that.

If there is anything I can do to help this endeavor, let me know. I think it's a great and worthy cause, and I'll do what I can if you let me know what that is. PM me if you're interested.

Trooper Keith
10-14-04, 04:23 PM
Oh score I hit a great website. Here:

http://www.uwex.edu/li/learner/sites_start.htm

And more specific as to what exactly you'll need to do is here:

http://fdncenter.org/learn/classroom/establish/index.html

KarenPA
07-31-06, 07:35 PM
Hey Jon,

Big hugs and good luck,
Cherity
Same Here. I've done my research for my own purposes and am good at
researching information. I too, will let you know before hand if there is something I don't think I can handle.