View Full Version : Not So Perfect AnyMore(For the ones who never Fit In)

Draga
06-01-04, 12:55 AM
The weather in New Orleans is hotter than usual, only 7am and already 80 degrees on a May Monday morning. The Downtown high school gates were open and the school yard slowly started to fill with students waiting eagerly to out of the hot sun.

All sides of the school yard each had their own group of students: The Cheerleaders opposite the Atheletes and Headbangers opposite the Rappers.

Each group had an enterage of people who only stood around them to create the illusion that they really were apart of the group. Of course the real memembers of the group allowed them to stay...made them feel important.

The groups were at least kind enough to leave them alone. Those were the kids who did not belong anywhere and there was nothing special about them enough to be in a group nor did they want to be one, The Outcast. The outcast were not so lucky, they were subject to ridicule and the groups took pleasure in putting them down every chance they had.

Elizabeth West and Brianne LaFouche were outcast...the best of friends and were like sisters and most groups main target.

Brianne drove Elizabeth to school in her black 1990 mustang she bought over the weekend. Rather than joining the other students and have to put up with the dirty looks and talks behind their back, they were finally able to avoid the aggrivation and smoke a cigarettee or two until the bell rang.

Elizabeth lit her Marlboro cigarette and rolled the window"Bri, thank you for getting this car! I hate being around those jerks all day. This is peace time at HighSchool Hell high!"

"Hehe, yeah I knew you would love this. You know me, I don't care what those jerks think of me."

"Neither do I. It's just aggrivating putting up with it everyday."

"I know, but hey, they may think they are better but they are only fooling themselves."

"Junior high was tough, but jeeze thank god this is senior year and it is almost over for good and we never have to deal with any of them. They say it's a jungle out there in the real world, well it's an even bigger jungle in there, and there is only one rule, You either belong or you don't and if you don't belong here, you'll never belong out there and they just love to remind us."

"I know. So what if some of them are rich and have more than us, they only have more cause mommy and daddy helped them get it, what we have we earned it on our own. So what if we are not the smartest and talented, we have talents and an intellect they wont ever have."

"Will that make a difference out there in the world?"

"Does it really matter? Whether it is here or the world outside of school, our lives will not end just because they do not approve. I am glad that I don't belong to a clique and have to live up to thier standards, we live by our own standards and have only ourselves to make happy."

"Yeah, I know. I am just fed up with them and ready to tell them off."

"Girl, only person stopping you is you."

"Ya know, if it wasn't you I would never have made it through high school. You have helped me so much."

"Ok, I can take a hint, we'll change the subject. We both helped each other, sweetie."

"Do you ever wish boys would at least notice us like they do "Hehe, yeah I knew you would love this. You know me, I don't care what those jerks think of me."

"Neither do I. It's just aggrivating putting up with it everyday."

"I know, but hey, they may think they are better but they are only fooling themselves."

"Junior high was tough, but jeeze thank god this is senior year and it is almost over for good and we never have to deal with any of them. They say it's a jungle out there in the real world, well it's an even bigger jungle in there, and there is only one rule, You either belong or you don't and if you don't belong here, you'll never belong out there and they just love to remind us."

"I know. So what if some of them are rich and have more than us, they only have more cause mommy and daddy helped them get it, what we have we earned it on our own. So what if we are not the smartest and talented, we have talents and an intellect they wont ever have."

"Will that make a difference out there in the world?"

"Does it really matter? Whether it is here or the world outside of school, our lives will not end just because they do not approve. I am glad that I don't belong to a clique and have to live up to thier standards, we live by our own standards and have only ourselves to make happy."

"Yeah, I know. I am just fed up with them and ready to tell them off."

"Girl, only person stopping you is you."

"Ya know, if it wasn't you I would never have made it through high school. You have helped me so much."

"Ok, I can take a hint, we'll change the subject. We both helped each other, sweetie."

"Do you ever wish boys would at least notice us like they do the hot girls?"

"Umm, Gosh, Um NO!"

"As much as I love you, Bri, I do wish a guy would come along and sweep me off my feet."

"Well, yeah, we both want to find Mr. Right, but I have watched the way these guys act, and I tell ya this. Those guys would be lucky to be with someone like us, we may not be beauty queens or the ones with walmart legs that stay open to the public 24/7, but we have morals and know how to love. If they can't see past the surface because we are not barbie dolls, then those jerks don't deserve us. We have too much to offer to be waisting it on little boys."

"Yeah I know, you're the best, Bri." Elizabeth said as reached for her to give her a hug. " You're awesome too, Liz and don't you ever forget it."

Hope, a rich and beautiful girl and one of Elizabeth's many rivals, pulled along side their car and saw their friendly affection. She could not resist such an opportunity to make fools of them. She walked over to Brianne's car and laughed.

"I just knew you two had something going."

Brianne and Elizabeth looked at each other and then to Hope. Elizabeth whispered, "Let the day begin."

"Oh don't stop in my account, I am sure you two want to be alone. Personally, Brianne, I think you could do much better than that fat thing!"

Brianne was not getting Mad and quickly got out of the car, wanting to hit her in that Pretty face of her's, but held her temper with a cool response, "Well, Hope, if that was an offer, I am flattered and I am sorry to disappoint you, but we are not gay. Even if I was I certainly would not want a girl with legs like Walmart, open to the public 24/7!"

Elizabeth knew that it was towards the end of May and soon girls like Hope would be out of her life for good. As much of a relief that was, she had been wanting to put Hope in her place for the longest time and time was running out. She stood by Brianne's side and just waited for Hope to say something to her.

"Hope, Brianne and I have put up with your attitude ever since junior high and in that time, I finally figured you out. You may be thin and beautiful and you may claim to know it as a fact. Physically, you are pretty, but the truth be know that inside, you are as FAKE as the nose on your so called perfect face!"
Brianne stared at Elizabeth amazed. "Who is she and what has she done with my Liz?", She thought to herself.

"Who are you calling a fake?"

Elizabeth rolled her eyes, "Do you see me staring at anyone else? You know for being Ms. Perfect you are an idiot."

Brianne could not resist a burst of laughter and applause. "WOOHOO, Lizzy, GO GIRL!"

"If you really saw yourself as perfect in every way, You would not need to keep reminding me how just unperfect I am! You know, you can physically set us apart from each other, but if I was given a choice of looking like you and that means I would turn out the same way as you then, Babay, I give me fat and ugly anytime. I would rather keep my humanity. Someday you are going to be old and not as beautiful as you are now. You won't have your looks to determine who you are. What will you do then? Thank God I am fat, my body is not what makes me the woman I am, because I have more than that going for me. So you think all this time you attack me, you are hurting me? NO NO NO! In the long run, you are just showing everyone just how much of a ***** you really are!"

It was all out now, every word that had been wanting to say, and now it was time to find out just what she needed to know, she needed to see the reaction, but none would come.

The beautiful girl once felt tall and confident because she attacked another's imperfections. The confidence and the feeling of perfection was suddenly completely deminished by the one thing she feared the most, the truth. There was nothing she could say.

Suddenly, the school bell rang and it was time for school to begin. Still, the three girls stood in the parking lot in silence and would not budge.

The school vice principal, Mr. Jacob, was not seen by the girls, but he was behind them all the time, listening.

"Ladies, the bell rang, you should be getting to class now."

Still Speechless, Hope turned and walked away, defeated and almost in tears.

Brianne was amazed, "Whoah, never in my wildest dreams did I think I would see this day. Ms. perfect cut down by an outcast. You, my friend, are a hero!"

Elizabeth laughed, "I think I made her cry."

There was a sudden tap on Elizabeth's shoulder. She turned to see Mr. Jacob and was expecting either a lecture or detention.

"You're name is Elizabeth, right?"

"THat's right. Am I busted for something?"

"I heard what went on out here..." he said when Brianne stepped in and shouted, "HEY! SHE STARTED"

"Mind your buisness, young ladie. I am talking to her, I know the other girl started this. I saw the whole thing. I have seen that girl start many with you, Elizabeth. This is the first time I have seen her walk away without saying a word. I just wanted to congradulate you. It's about time someone put her in her place. Good job."

He winked at her and smiled as he turned and walked into the school's office.

The two best friends looked at each other and laughed giving each other high fives and hugs.

"I am so proud of you, Liz. You make me even more prouder to be a freak. All hail Liz, defender of the outcast!" They both laughed more.

The rest of the school year was breif, but for Brianne and Elizabeth that day of victory had ended the insults. Hope only spoke to Elizabeth the last day of school to say, "Good luck in the future and I am sorry for the past."

apcpapergirl
06-02-04, 12:34 AM
Awesome story, Melly.
As usual.

Your biggest fan
Vick

Draga
06-02-04, 03:47 AM
Thanks Vickie......Glad U liked:)

Brianne
06-10-04, 01:09 AM
hehe I got a character named after me I feel so special! LOL Love the story Mel see you have made some changes since you last showed it to me. :D ;) :artist: :frog:
BTW Glad thats not my real last name LOL! I wasn't sure how to pronounce it.:dizzy:

Draga
06-10-04, 01:30 AM
LOL didn't think you would....IT Cajun French!

jaimegerise
06-10-04, 08:54 AM
La foosh (pronounciation) :p

Wonderful Mel!!! I know all too well how those girldoots felt!!!!!!!

Argorama...high school.

Draga
06-10-04, 07:10 PM
Oh I remember Higgins High....Was not a school it was a jungle survial of the thinest, richest, and *****iest. I wanted sooo much to tell them ^^^^ up their....but I never had a brianne to give me the Guts!