View Full Version : Anyone with POTS/Dysautonomia?

Blissfully Unaware
01-06-10, 02:48 PM
Hello, I was diagnosed with Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS), and was wondering if anyone else has this!? I have read that POTS is possibly related to chronic fatigue/fibromyalgia. My symptoms include: fatigue, orthostatic intolerance, tachycardia, low blood pressure, difficulty standing for long periods, dizziness upon standing, visual changes with standing, difficulty concentrating, heat/exercise intolerance etc. I take Florinef for this, and have also noticed that my ADD med helps my POTS symptoms. Anyways, just wanting to connect to others with the same symptoms. :)

sothisiswhy
01-19-10, 08:22 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you have this. My 18 yo niece has POTS/dysautonomia. She has had it for 4yrs and is schooled at home due to her blood pressure dropping upon standing.She blacks out a lot. She hopes to be able to go away to college. She has seen dr's all over the US and still not much relief. I have never heard of it other than her story. How old are you?

Suz57
04-12-10, 07:00 PM
You're not the only one. I, too, have POTS. There are many times when I try to figure out whether the symptoms I'm experiencing are due to ADD or POTS. It's a huge challenge dealing with brain fog and the racing brain. I take adderall, midodrine, nadolol, florinef, celexa and salt pills. Just got to hold on to your sense of humor...

CrazyAndStrange
11-03-10, 04:02 PM
Hello

I also have tachycardia and autonomic instability for some years now.
It started very suddenly some years ago with palpitations, but my heart itself and the blood pressure is healthy.

But when my resting pulse is about 100 or a bit more , I don`t feel sick, this starts with resting values of 130 or more.

Do you also have a relation to eating with these symptoms, which is not caused by thyroid or blood sugar?
Because in my case it is so and I am curious if there are other people out there...

FranticFrummie
08-04-11, 01:35 AM
I haven't been officially diagnoses. As a matter of fact, I've never even heard of it before, but WOW does that ever sound like me! I have very low blood pressure, fibro and CFS, along with all the other things you listed.

CrazyandStrange, I do find that things get worse after I eat, and it doesn't seem to matter what I eat, except that too many carbs definitely messes up my heart rate.

Hmmm, I'm going to have to go Google POTS right now, and see what I can find. Oh goody, another item to add to the laundry list of my various ailments! Lucky me.

Waterbegone
03-30-12, 09:55 PM
Did you get this after you started adderall or before? I never had this issue until I took adderall and now my pulse is over 100 when standing but 70 when lying....

Tangentious
05-26-14, 03:57 PM
I just found this thread while searching for something else. I have also been diagnosed as FM/CFS in the past, and Cymbalta has virtually eliminated my POTS / low BP issues. I hope that helps someone out there.