View Full Version : Relocating to FLA or CA

ADXP
01-07-10, 11:43 AM
Please feel free to move this post wherever this is appropriate.

I am moving to another state. I am tired here in the Shire.

My gut instinct says FLA. But I surf the net for cities/places
disability friendly & Berkeley CA comes to one of the disability friendly city.

Of course I cannot make up my mind, sounds familiar?

Can you please give me advice?

ADXP
09-11-10, 10:26 AM
I'm still in the Shire. Cannot make a decision.

salleh
09-11-10, 11:33 AM
I live in Emeryville, which is literally right next door to Berkeley, I am heading out to the Berkeley flea market in about an hour or so, as a matter of fact....California cities often are side by side by side.....

coming from the midwest when I was a kid, I was amazed at being able to stand with one foot in Alhambra and another in San Gabriel .....

but I dearly love Berkeley as a city, I would prefer to live up in the Sonoma valley where I lived for many years back in the 70 and 80s, but fate had other things in mind for me .....so Berkeley isn't my first choice, but as far as living in an actual city/urban envirnment, it is one of the best ....

San Francisco is beautiful, but the weather is better over here, .....while still being relatively cool in the summer......and SF has a lot of very steep hills...really....and it's almost as expensive as New York .....

Berkeley is pretty, and a university town, and it's lively ....and of course cutting edge hip....very "greeen" conscious.....fairly easy to get around with or without a car.....but if you need to leave the city, it is a little more hassle, although we do have BART, which is ok .....and quite a few busses.....

what are you looking for in a place to live ? ....

(personally, I wouldn't like FLorida, it's way too hot and humid and they have more storms than we do ,.....{just read a weather book})

Hearty Soul
09-11-10, 12:00 PM
I cannot stand heat nor humidity nor cold weather for more than a couple of days.

I love to visit Florida, but won't live there!

I love the all-year-moderate weather in the South Bay area of CA.

meridian
09-11-10, 12:18 PM
I am visiting Florida now and have lived here for about 4-5 years, but really don't want to live here again. California is more interesting, IMO but you really have to go and visit before you move house!

Rebelyell
09-11-10, 03:07 PM
I could do florida since Im a surfer,jet ski waterbug spazz,Plus i could see myself living the rock n roll lifestyle or club style of south beach.Party all nite party all day and sleep in between shifts:D Was in Florida last november,met a gal from daytona who was originally from Clifton nj.She said theres no jobs down here and she had to work 3 to make ends meet,while she supported her bf who was on welfare and food stamps and smoked weed an played in a band.I was kicking it to her and she was digging me my friend said.he said you should of told her you had a house toys great job and it be raps for the bum.I said yeah I was thinking bout saying that but shes there and Im only here for a week.However if I had moved there it be a different story devil horns.
I couldn't understand for the life of me why a female or any 1 would support a bum,now thats a loyal female if there ever was one.Kalifornia never lived in and I dont care for there leftist and liberal green agendas like NJ has.I think cali's lawyers an political officianados are in bed w the nj ones.Go where your guarant damn teed for a job w security an the most quid mate;)

Downix
05-10-11, 12:01 AM
I just moved out of Florida. It is one of the most backwards place I've ever lived. Not that it's bad, but it's backwards, things work but not well.