View Full Version : Sprint Phones...Help

adhdPEteacher
01-08-10, 12:32 AM
hello

I currently have a LG lotus, its ok, but not what I think I am going to need in the long run......I was recently diagnosed with adhd, and I did post something in the welcome section etc..

Does anyone have sprint for their mobile service provider? I am pretty sure I will end up with a windows mobile phone based on my reliance on outlook....for a planner. I currently use a paper planner and I have been trying to sync my google calendar with outlook, but I want something in my hand, give me reminders, and well......it would be great to use the groupwise at work too....(school stuff) but.....I think I will take things a day at a time.

I cant get an expensive plan, I have a pretty good one right now 1500 min/60 bucks a month, 500 txt and free power vision......

I also have about 14 months before I am eligible for an upgrade. i got my louts back in April when well.......I thought it was the right phone for me......the calendar function on it STINKS!

Anyways, help would be appreciated.

inattentiveprof
01-31-10, 09:57 AM
All this tying of contracts to particular phones really annoys me... it's anticompetitive and should be illegal IMO.
I can just advise on phones. You can use any phone with any provider. If you use gmail for calendaring/e-mail etc. then you're probably best off with an android phone (with google's operating system). Actually the Nexus One is probably the best phone on the market in terms of hardware.

I use a windows mobile phone which I'm very happy with but then I use microsoft exchange. I don't think it's the best for gmail.

PedroDaGr8
02-01-10, 06:50 PM
Any of the Android based phones, such as the HTC Hero or the Samsung Moment or the WebOS based phones from Palm (Palm Pre or Palm Pixi)

My prefernce would be towards the Hero as HTC's SenseUI is arguably second to none; with regards to usability and providing all of the required information at your finger tips. It's only competitors would be the iPhone, the Nexxus One and possibly Palm's WebOS (which really leads the race in importing loads of contacts from a variety of places and automatically organizing them).

If you do end up getting a Windows Mobile based phone (which I use as well since I have the old $30 Sero plan) I would advise checking out the free TouchOne interface on www.dehx.net. It is still in the alpha build stages but it is quite impressive (it mimics the SenseUI in a very customizable way).

adhdPEteacher
02-01-10, 07:03 PM
I cannot give up my current plan, I guess that is just how it goes. However I really like the htc tp2...i watched a bunch of videos on it and it really seems to be the one for me, the question is can i get it for under 340?

ADHDTigger
02-02-10, 11:37 PM
Coach- do price point compares at newegg, tigerdirect, and microcenter. You might even look at Best Buy online. And oddly enough, WalMart, Costco, and Sam's Club.