View Full Version : Testing over 20 years ago

excel
01-11-10, 10:48 PM
I had testing done over 20 years ago at voc rehab. I talked to my psy about it for the first time. She said they don't even give some of those test anymore. She disagrees with the results. Back the one that gave did the testing wrote that I didn't really have the ability to learn. That pretty much what he tod me. I proved him wrong, and wrote him a letter after I got my college degree. He didn't even have the courage to call me. The counsler did call me and I told don't ever let what happen to me happen to anyone else. If a person has drive, motivation, and perserverance, they can do a lot of things. They have to work really hard. I also told her you have to get to know a person before you can come to any conculisons about a person. A persons brain can't just be measured by a test alone.
My thing is testing that was done in the 80s would they be of any value today. What testing should a person have done today. Can they tell which way is best for to learn

excel
01-12-10, 11:35 AM
Does any one know the different type of test they have today

excel
01-13-10, 01:47 PM
I am thing about getting retest for my learning disabilties. What test are good test to have in todays world.

EYEFORGOT
01-13-10, 05:00 PM
Good for you excel!

I don't know anything about LD testing. I would think that getting retested 20 years later wouldn't be a bad thing, and yes, maybe things have changed as hopefully the medical community will have learned even more in that amount of time. Again though, I have no idea.

Your perseverence is inspirational.

excel
01-14-10, 12:50 PM
Good for you excel!

I don't know anything about LD testing. I would think that getting retested 20 years later wouldn't be a bad thing, and yes, maybe things have changed as hopefully the medical community will have learned even more in that amount of time. Again though, I have no idea.

Your perseverence is inspirational.
Thanks. I have always said that if i give something my best and can't do it then I can walk away.I knew I never gave it my best shot.

excel
10-20-10, 02:02 PM
now I wonder

excel
02-22-11, 02:24 PM
Terms that one has even heard of