View Full Version : Dealing with problems in school

Makeit1
01-13-10, 02:37 AM
I don't get how to work with these problems in school, I constantly get in trouble for arguing with authority and leaving class, in a three hour period I probably leave the classroom about ten times, I've had times where I was having a panic attack and the teacher wouldn't let me leave so I had to, and I would get in trouble, this has happened dozens of times, and the odd, I have a habit of arguing with authority, I try my best not to, but I just do. I have the habit to walk around, if I get nervous or something, but I keep getting in trouble for this, my teachers know, my head master knows but they expect me to follow their rules which obviously I cannot, and I get punished, I'm one strike away from getting kicked out, all my troubles are not even bad its just a gathering of all these things that constantly happen, I'm thinking of speaking to the principal maybe, I don't know honestly if he will listen and help with that or just blow it off. Its a public school, they have people of all kinds, I don't get why they can't lay off, I always have trouble with authority I always tell myself I won't argue or say something, but when it comes down I just go at it and I don't think. My anxiety, I need to leave because I get nervous, and sweaty in class and I need like 5-10 minutes to walk around and cool off, you can't expect to contain me in class, when I'm gasping for air, sweaty, and about to pass out. I just think its ridiclouse they make me pay double the price for this, and go off and punish me. I have anxiety, Adhd, depression. I actually needa talk to someone with power who can overrule my headmaster, because its pathetic I keep getting in trouble with this, its just my mental state, I don't do it on purpose and I'm getting in trouble, highschool is probably the worst for kids with these disorders, they keep you contained and drive you against a wall. What should I do, so I can actually do my work and not worry about getting in trouble or kicked out, I don't know if the principal is the best option, but I just need to know ill be good, when I'm accused of leaving class or whatever. I'm constantly moving, I get panic attacks, I need to walk around, but its pathetic that I get punished for these things.

wsmac
01-13-10, 03:44 AM
I don't get how to work with these problems in school, I constantly get in trouble for arguing with authority and leaving class, in a three hour period I probably leave the classroom about ten times.

I've had times where I was having a panic attack and the teacher wouldn't let me leave so I had to, and I would get in trouble.
This has happened dozens of times.

And the odd... I have a habit of arguing with authority.
I try my best not to, but I just do. I have the habit to walk around if I get nervous or something, but I keep getting in trouble for this.

My teachers know, my head master knows but they expect me to follow their rules which obviously I cannot, and I get punished.
I'm one strike away from getting kicked out.

All my troubles are not even bad its just a gathering of all these things that constantly happen.
I'm thinking of speaking to the principal maybe; I don't know honestly if he will listen and help with that or just blow it off.
Its a public school, they have people of all kinds, I don't get why they can't lay off.

I always have trouble with authority. I always tell myself I won't argue or say something, but when it comes down I just go at it and I don't think.

My anxiety, I need to leave because I get nervous, and sweaty in class and I need like 5-10 minutes to walk around and cool off.
You can't expect to contain me in class when I'm gasping for air, sweaty, and about to pass out.
I just think its ridiculous they make me pay double the price for this, and go off and punish me. I have anxiety, Adhd, depression. I actually need to talk to someone with power who can overrule my headmaster, because its pathetic I keep getting in trouble with this.
Its just my mental state. I don't do it on purpose and I'm getting in trouble.

High School is probably the worst for kids with these disorders; they keep you contained and drive you against a wall.

What should I do, so I can actually do my work and not worry about getting in trouble or kicked out?
I don't know if the principal is the best option, but I just need to know I'll be good when I'm accused of leaving class or whatever.

I'm constantly moving, I get panic attacks, I need to walk around, but its pathetic that I get punished for these things.

I had to work a little on your post so I could read through it... I do it every time I see a large blocky post like yours... no insult intended:D

wsmac
01-13-10, 03:48 AM
Right off, I would think that being a public school, they are bound by regulations to address issues such as ADD/HD.

I thought every public school had counselors who specifically dealt with students who had learning disabilities, AS, ADHD...

You should start with that.

What about your parents/guardians? Where are they in all this?

Makeit1
01-13-10, 09:20 PM
The counselors are useless, my parents used to somewhat help or whatever but now there just like stop causing trouble, like they just want the trouble to stop thats all they care about. I met with my counselor once and thats cause I was in trouble with the cops, and I was really nervous, but she didn't even help, I don't trust them either, they just write whatever we say, and be like mhm and yeah. Theres another one whose much better, but there too busy, just doesn't work out, kids dont even get the help, or attention they need for their problems really.