View Full Version : Dexedrine and Desoxyn

twinch42085
01-14-10, 11:42 AM
Is Dexedrine really that much different than Desoxyn?

For example: would a 20mg dose of a Dexedrine spansule last longer than a 10mg does of Desoxyn?

What is the average length of duration that Desoxyn lasts compared to Dexedrine Spansules?

Thanks

Tyboulder
03-18-10, 09:20 PM
Check out the lengthy description on wikipedia - link below. It's basically pharmaceutical meth. Doctors I go to are always surprised that I have a script for dexedrine. Desoxyn is the next "level" up. I think dex is cleaner and more effective than adderall, and, *assume* that Desoxyn would be like dex to addy. I'd really like to try it but my psych (with 20 years of experience) says that he only knows of one doctor in Colorado that will write a script for it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methamphetamine_%28medical%29

ManInBlack
03-18-10, 11:16 PM
After taking Dexedrine for about 7 years, getting tired of the generics, and trying Focalin last month (which I hated...horribly; my mind raced constantly without the ability to pay attention to anything, even at 10mg, followed by a horrible "rebound"), my doctor changed me to Desoxyn. It lasts as long as Dexedrine tablets, has less peripheral effects and my mind is more organized and focused on everything as a whole versus being locked in on one thing very intently (if that makes sense). Today was my first day; we started at 20mg/day. Imagine the difference between Adderall and Dexedrine and apply that to Dexedrine. The only downside is that it seems to affect appetite more but I can eat.

Two reasons for it being less popular are the fact it's got such a bad stigma and at 20mg/day without insurance it would be over $400 versus about $40 for generic Dexedrine. Again, this was my first day, but I've taken damph long enough to know this is much more effective for me. In fact I had to go back and check to make sure I hadn't taken more than 20mg. This should be what doctors use first; too bad marketing and our stupid war on drugs has more of an impact on medicine than science...If the government says it's approved for ADHD how can they say it can't be prescribed for it? It's not Oxycontin for gosh sake! If someone is going to abuse this they'd abuse Adderall. Maybe if they had more advertisements with smiling children, made the pills a bright color called it desoxyephedrine it would be.

ManInBlack
03-19-10, 04:13 PM
Just to add to that last post, Twinch, it is actually effective longer than damph. It seems to last for about 6-7 hours...

Yellow
04-07-10, 10:39 PM
just to add to the other posts: dexedrine is absolute garbage. since barr/teva has been mnaufactuing for over a yaer now, i can honestly say, its safe to take 200mg of it and not die, dont do that, ive never tred, but i can tell, when 30mg and 50mg feels the same as 15mg, somethings wrong