View Full Version : Focalin? Anyone?

Tabbycat
01-17-10, 01:11 AM
Obviously it doesn't appear to be one of the more popular/prescribed meds, but my doc has me giving it a try. So far, not sure (it's been about a week). Taking 15mg XR AM, then 2.5mg regular Focalin PM.

Would love to learn more from those who are on it or have tried it. If you didn't like it, why? I know it all depends on the person, but I still find other people's takes on meds helpful - sometimes I realize it's working better than I think, or really isn't.....

StoicNate
01-17-10, 01:30 AM
Are you on the generic or brand?

kibbled_bits
01-17-10, 06:32 PM
Focalin is very similar molecularly to Ritalin, they makers claim it has less side effects however I'm not sure if independent studies verify this. It's apparently pretty safe and seems to be first line ADHD drugs.

Focalin is available in generic & the XR is not currently. Some people notice different results with either. Focalin XR is proven to work longer than Concerta in a recent study.

My son is on Focalin XR and IR, I notice a positive difference with his behavior but the most noticable side effects are quick to anger, decreased appetite & hard to go to sleep.

You're still on a fairly low dose, which may work for you just remember that 20mg XR is the same as 10mg IR in the morning and at lunch.

Good luck