View Full Version : Anyone on ropinirole (aka Requip) for tics?

CrazyLazyGal
01-18-10, 06:14 PM
I have some facial and throat/cough tics from my ADHD meds, but going off the stimulants isn't an option. The tics got worse, and switching from Adderall XR to Vyvanse didn't help, so my doctor is treating the tics directly.

First I was on Abilify for a month, 2mg. It didn't really make a difference for good or bad.

So now my doctor has started me on Ropinirole, aka Requip. He said he's used for restless leg syndrome but is also effective for some people with tics.

After a few days, the tics do seem to be getting better. They're still noticeable, but they're not as impairing.

The problem is, I've had a headache every single day and think it must be from the med.

Is this normal? Will the headache get better? I'm on 0.25mg once a day and take it at night as recommended by my doctor since it can make people drowsy during the day.

CrazyLazyGal
01-31-10, 05:07 PM
Update: The headache has gone away, yay! The tics are still there, but they're better than before. I'm not sure if the tics got better because of the medication or just the period fluctuations I get in my tic severity.