View Full Version : 5th day on Vyvanse & Cymbalta. Used to be on Vyvanse & Lexapro before.

ralnajjar
01-19-10, 07:54 PM
I switched from Vyvanse & lexapro combo to Vyvanse & Cymbalta combo because I couldnt sleep well.

I been on vyvanse and Lexapro for a month.

today is my 5th day on Vyvanse and Cymbalta :-

Pro

1- still like Lexapro depression way less, sometimes feel happy

Cons
1- still cant sleep well
2- restless leg syndrome since i did the switch
3- i feel pain in back and sometimes in the neck
4- Anxiety is back a little bet.
5- i feel numing on my left feet.
6- SHORT TERM MEMORY IS F UP big time.
7- SEX DRIVE IS DEAD COMPLELTY to a way that i cant feel i have a little one there

I'm calling to switch back to Lexapro.

ralnajjar
01-20-10, 11:56 AM
Anyone ?
any Advice ?

hollywood
01-21-10, 03:23 PM
it's day five . give it two weeks. I'm sure half of your symptoms are due to the fact that your not on lexapro and have nothing to do with cymbalta whatsoever. Remember lexapro is the most selective ssri out there so I'm sure your having some withdraws from the lex. chill and give it a month or two. Your not going to know until 60 days what the med is doing.

ralnajjar
01-21-10, 04:15 PM
60 days with out sex. I'm not even able to imagine naked woman. If I see Jennifer Aniston and megan fox naked in front of me wont get me exited. I don't feel I'm a man any more for love of god.

coondude88
08-08-10, 11:29 PM
I switched directy from Lexapro to Cymbalta as well, but didn't really experience any withdrawal... unless you aren't on a high enough dosage, that shouldn't really happen...

I also am having upper back/neck problems after the switch... interesting to see that I'm not the only one.

Overall, though, mentally, I feel MUCH better on Cymbalta and much more relaxed and less prone to the blues...

Hasn't affected my sleep, although my Seroquel XR is probably taking good care of potential issues there... what time of day do you take it? Do so as early as possible...

I wouldn't worry about any of your other concerns this early... it will be about two or three weeks before you can really appreciate what it's gonna do long-term... good luck....