View Full Version : Will Seroquel/Quetiapine blunt my personality at a dose like 100-300mg for anxiety?

sambo88
01-20-10, 07:07 PM
Hello everyone,

I was recently diagnosed with ADD and been treated with Concerta to good effect.

I have anxiety since childhood which is in the form of a mixed social anxiety with OCD/PTSD features.

I have been treated with SSRIs to only minor effect of my anxiety.

My physchiatrist has prescribed me low dose of Seroquel in hope of relieving this.

My main question is regarding the effect of Seroquel on a persons character.

In your experience:Does the drug blunten or reduce your overall emotions and personality?

If it works for you, do you feel it makes you feel more like you, or less somewhat?

Of course when a drug works well it enables us to become more like ourselves as we reduce the clutter of negativity or irrational thought processes.
Is seroquel like this, or its its efficacy through an overall blanket of emotional blunting?

Any other comments related to SQ and anxiety are very welcome. I haven't started taking the medicine yet, but will be next week sometime.

I'd really appreciate information, as I am quite apprehensive of taking it - despite being quite relaxed about taking other medications.

Best Regards,
Sam

nameless
02-09-10, 07:47 PM
Hey how are ya i take sequrel 100 mg before bed ahhh for about a month now it puts me to sleep thats for sure ....im also on it for adhd add ....but only at night

nameless
02-09-10, 07:53 PM
It hasent blunted as you say or any thing or made me feel as so it has... eased my mind slightly slowed down the racing a bit Wish i could help more .....mornings are kinda funky if you get less than 8 hours of sleep im also an insomnic and this stuff is strong enough to beat me haha so me personally i have make sure im able to put enough time aside to sleep that long might wanna test it out

gnbeg
02-10-10, 10:42 PM
My pdoc says Seroquel helps with bipolor depression. It guess it does, but it's very subtle. Lamactal has a more obvious effect on depression.

I've been on dosages from 100 mg to 400mg. Other than make me sleepy and occasionally make me groggy in the morning, I don't think it has changed my personality. I guess you'd have to check with those around me for an unbiased opinion.

yankees440
06-14-10, 03:13 PM
My emotions and/or personality are not affected

Takes away negative and racing thoughts

I take 75mg b4 bedtime.

semeagher
10-18-11, 08:40 PM
I take seroquel 200mg and it doesn't effect my personality at all. It also doesn't put me to sleep most of the time, but well there aren't many things that can.

KronarTheBlack
10-18-11, 09:13 PM
I take 50 to 100 mg at night to help me sleep and I find it has no effects on me besides causing me to snore a bit more from being in a deeper sleep. Its great cause it slows my brain down at night.