View Full Version : Success with Celexa?

mccinny
01-22-10, 11:36 PM
The next med my doc wanted me to switch (after trying Lexapro), is Celexa. He said they are similar chemically. I was curious, what luck people had in combating anxiety with this drug? Also, did you notice any minor changes in ADHD symptoms? I've seen that some consider this a treatment of sorts for ADD/ADHD, but I'm skeptical.

I have taken this drug before I was diagnosed, and honestly, its been too many years to remember.

D

mccinny
02-01-10, 02:13 PM
No one taking this or have taken it before?

njtrout
02-09-10, 06:32 PM
I take 30mg of Celexa at bedtime along with 1mg Requip, 1 mg clonozepam, 20 mg Lisinopril, 20 mg Simvistatin.

I started to take Celexa after my diagnosis of ADD and starting Adderall XR. I was crying all the time over simple things like the nightly news on the radio.

This helped alot. However, I was taking it in the morning with my Adderall XR. I have sleep issues including Restless Leg Syndrome, Disruptive Sleep Disorder and insomnia. I switch to taking it in the evening to help with some of the sleep issues. Still works the same and not wheeping all the time.

NJTrout

mccinny
02-11-10, 11:48 AM
Can you tell a difference with anxiety or just the weeping and depression?

njtrout
02-11-10, 04:48 PM
It cured the weepy depression. If it had an affect on anxiety it was a difficult time when I started taking it so I really don't remember.

NJTrout

mccinny
02-12-10, 01:08 PM
Thanks again. I'm getting my prescription filled today, so curious to see how well that works. My old doc told me that Celexa was very much like Lexapro, it was just that chemists took away some parts for Lexapro. He seemed to think they worked similarly.

I'm NOT looking forward to the usual SSRI side-effects though.

D

hollywood
02-12-10, 10:46 PM
Does it decrease your stims effectiveness

misterfelix
02-16-10, 03:57 PM
I'd be interested in your experience so far. I've been up and down on doses of celexa and I'm not sure it is doing much of anything for me....

mccinny
02-17-10, 12:43 PM
I decided to go with the brand name and not the generic. I've known people in the past that have had trouble with generics, so we'll see. I'll post any successes or trouble along the way.

D

njtrout
03-11-10, 07:10 PM
I have not had any problems with the generic Celexa or citolopram. Not the same situation with Adderall XR though.

NJTrout

hollywood
04-07-10, 10:21 AM
do these meds make your stimulants less effective?

Rampage
08-13-10, 01:20 AM
I love celexa. before hand, i was crying constantly. i'd cry if my toddler had a tantrum. if i was late to an appt. if i had an argument. if i was slightly frustrated.

within a few weeks, i totally quit crying every day and obsessing over every little thing.

plus, my depression lifted. i would drive around in my car....i was amazed that my mind wasn't racing while i was driving....i wasn't always mad at my spouse over stupid little things.

but, i gained a lot of weight and i turned into a slug. so dr. added in wellbutrin in the morning and it combated the ssri side effects.

hollywood
08-13-10, 01:53 PM
I may try this, I am always worried or up tight, I am trying. Tenex with my Stimson and Wellbutrin now. Just not sure which way to go, tenex helps some of my physical symptoms

OnlyMe
08-13-10, 02:29 PM
It works well for my depression, but I don't have anxiety, so I can't say about that. I do take the generic.

hollywood
08-13-10, 11:59 PM
Lookin for calming effect no weight gain

hollywood
08-16-10, 02:32 PM
I just started celexa today with my concerta and wellbutrin. I've tried stopping wellbutrin and my results have been limited. Not a fan of being on three meds but when I took the celexa today it did not really tire me out strangely like most ssri's do. I had been trying tenex in place of celexa but although it seemed to help me focus I still was restless and anxious, always thinking about what it did to my body and so on , so obviously I have an anxiety problem. I'm not too bad right now. I guess I'll see.