View Full Version : Checkin This Out!

chelseakayee
01-24-10, 03:15 AM
Hey ya'll!
I'm new here and just wanted to see what this site was all about. I'm 17 and from Texas. I was diagnosed with inattentive type a year to the day! I'm super thankful for the meds i'm on because they've helped dramatically, but now the issue is finding people who actually understand what it's like, and that's why I'm here! So tell me what's the biggest advantages and disadvantages to having AD/HD?

Bottomimpulse
01-24-10, 03:39 AM
Hello Chelseakayee,

Welcome on adhd-board!
I am 54... adhd from day 1 naturally, I am self-diagnosed, got "an official diagnose by a psychiater" 3 years ago after I heard both my daughters saying "I can only concentrate on my books for 10 minutes."

The biggest disadvantages of adhd for me are... my short attention span (= sometimes an advantage), my procrastination, my distractibillity (= sometimes an advantage), my moodswings and my impulsive eating.

The biggest advantages are my good humor, being able to focus, hard worker, my imagination, my memory (I forgot what I'd done 2 mins ago, but I remember what happened 40 years ago as yesterday), I am passionate, thriving, caring and empathic, playful, synthetic and an out-of-the-box-thinker.

I live my life with my advantages, don't want to waste too much time and energy on things that are not my qualities.

Bottomimpulse
01-24-10, 03:48 AM
ooops... inattentive... Ha ha... been on a place for teens... my apologies!