View Full Version : Academic Success Strategies for Adolescents with Learning Disabilities & ADHD

Slowpoke
06-05-04, 03:48 AM
I just bought this book for myself... even though I am not an adolescent. (I'm 25!!) I have been struggling with adcademically related issues in university and am getting a strategic contents tutor through the disability resource centre at the university, so I figure that the book could be useful for the tutor.

I flipped through it, and it seems to be geared more towards the educator... which is interesting because I am considering a career in special education (or english as a second language) for elementary school level...

The book uses the 'Active Learner Approach'

It cost a fair bit... $44.95Cndn
but I have a job, and I think that it is beneficial to my educational success, as well as being directly related to my challengesd I have.

I bought it at a specialty bookstore, and I will check chapters and amazon.ca to see if it is cheaper there.

I may even see if the resource library will want to buy it off of me for a reduced price when I'm done with it... to help other people who are tutoring people with learning disabilities.

Has anyone else bought this book?
ANyone want to work through it together? I tried to lead a book group, but I don't have strong forum leading skills (yet) so it's kind of died off (it was for ADD FRiendly Ways...)

I'll let you know how the book is... if I remember to update it.
more info on the book: http://coe.jmu.edu/learningtoolbox
it says it expands on the book's strategies

QueensU_girl
03-25-06, 11:31 AM
Cheaper books are also available on EBAY. :)

casper
03-25-06, 02:10 PM
Whats the name of the book and who is the author?