View Full Version : How can I get into a normal sleeping pattern?

Fini Shell
01-29-10, 04:53 AM
I try to stay awake when I get up in the morning by drinking coffee, but I can drink 3 cups and be sleeping 5 minutes later. I'll work all day, and be exhausted, and come home, and stay awake so I'll be able to sleep at night, and when night comes, I lay in bed for a long time trying to get to sleep. Then I get on the computer because I can't sleep. And it goes back and forth until I finally get to sleep. What are some ways I could sleep better at night, and stay awake better in the morning?

Cacho
01-29-10, 12:33 PM
I know that lying in bed awake is bad for trying to get to sleep.
If you lie in bed for more than 5 or 10 minutes, you should just get up, and do something else for a while.

For sleep, what I found helps is getting up at the exact same time every day no matter when you go to sleep. This is sort of self regulating. If you have a hard time going to sleep one day, you still get up at the same time, so you'll be more tired the next day, and it'll be easier to go to sleep the next day. Also, don't take naps.

EshkaronsEngine
01-29-10, 03:05 PM
One simple thing that actually works for me to make me fall asleep is to put one of those frozen paks on the back of my neck for 10 minutes or so. This lowers my core temperature and amazingly makes me naturally fall asleep.