View Full Version : Intuniv Dosage and results

Miike Snow
03-05-10, 04:54 PM
I have twin boys and they will be starting on Intuniv this week. According to their mother, the Dr. prescribed them to start at the highest dosage 4mg. Does this sound right? Everything I have read says to start at 1mg and build up.

They are also on Stratera which I would like to ween them off of if they are going to start on Intuniv.

After some research they are going to the Intuniv, but one of my kids has far more anger and agression issues and I'm not sure both should be using it....we'll see.

Anyone have any new Intuniv stories?

JenE
03-05-10, 05:04 PM
Hi, we aren't taking it yet but I have discussed it with his dr. I am surprised they want to start with the highest dosage. In my opinion, it is always best to start low and go slow so I would question that dosage.

My son is also taking Strattera and Tenex (the short acting form of Intuniv). It should be no issue to take both as we would have been adding Intuniv in the place of the Tenex but still keeping the Strattera. Right now tho, we have decided to increase the Strattera to 50mg and hold off on the Intuniv. We may try it when he is on a school break (spring break or summer).

My dr did say they are seeing mixed results and the most significant side effect they are seeing is extreme fatigue. Good luck and keep us posted!

Miike Snow
03-05-10, 05:22 PM
Ok...looks like they are starting at 1mg. So no dosage issues

I'm just hoping for some anger supression

aamicallef723
03-07-10, 11:16 PM
My 10 year old is on Intuniv. He is on 2 mg. It does not work for him. I hope you have better luck with your boys and the Intuniv. Good Luck!!