View Full Version : SPECT Scan reveals

rosymagic
06-14-04, 11:16 AM
My first entry into this forum and I need help and your wisdom. I am 62+ and recently was in a car accident and suffered a TBI. OK. My neurologist ordered SPECT Brain scans to verify. OK. I have been writing a memoir on my journey with bipolar illness for eight years. Yiks! The brain scans show NO bipolar, but mood d/o--unipolar. Besides the TBI, OCD, Anxiety, Mood, the brain scans showed a classic ADHD. SO! It is a turning point, but my dear book...needs 1) revising and 2) my life is a defining moment. I seek medication for ADHD--Provigil, hear of it? I take Depakote for the bipolar and it seems to work in mania swings, mostly drug-induced. But where do I go from here?

thank you,
rosymagic

NightStar
06-28-04, 12:41 AM
I have not been diagnosed in years, and thinking that I am in the same boat as you, that I am not bi-polar but actually ADD... only difference is I have been managing many years unmedicated - so I don't know what to tell you on that part. Since I am just starting out myself on researching. But wish you the best of luck with this.

paulbf
06-28-04, 09:24 AM
Welcome rosymagic!
What is a TBI? Is it possible to have mania without depression? That sounds like a good thing <grin>. I guess the next step is to sort all these out and understand them better.

Jellybean
06-28-04, 02:49 PM
Welcome rosymagic!
I have mania without depression. Not the grandious, or outrageaous spending spree type. But where I am just flying high. They seem to be fewer and fewer lately. Excercise and late nights seems to promote them and I like them, except I am a bit too verbal and energetic, so I don't sleep enough
. I do not have depression. I have not been diagnosed professionally