View Full Version : Methylin IR

student426
03-11-10, 03:53 PM
I was wondering if anyone had better luck with the XR Methylin.. I have been on the immediate release for about a month now, and its rough. About 30 mins to an hour after I take it, I feel really good, but my heart races a bit. I can concentrate somewhat better, but for the most part only my mood and appetite is effected (I don't want to eat at all when I take it). Then immediately when it wears off (about 2 1/2-3 hours later) I feel horrible. I don't want to move and I feel sad for no reason. I'm taking 20mg every 3 hours, until about 4 or 5 in the afternoon. Does the XR have the same crash? Thanks for any help.

Law Nerd
03-28-10, 05:09 PM
I don't know whether I am on the IR or XR. I get my meds from the VA and they don't put brand-names on the bottle. I figured out that it was Methylin based a picture of a pill I found online. It normally works for me on average 5-7 hours, and I crash HARD. Especially if it wears off sooner than expected and I have stuff I still have to get done. If its late, whenever it wears off I just go to sleep to lesson the crash.

Don't know if this will help. I have heard that methylphenidate is more likely to make the person taking it feel horrible when it wears off than some other drugs.