View Full Version : Desoxyn-Day one of my month long Desoxyn experience.

Sehnsucht
03-11-10, 04:52 PM
Hey all! After 20 years of every ADD drug in the book except this one, I finally found a doc willing to Rx me Desoxyn at 5mg 3x/day. Today is only day one and wow! So far everything is exactly like I've read here about it which is what I was hoping for since I'd like to get off the Adderall for good. That crap has been a nightmare for me. Anyways, yes its got the focusing ability of Adderall without ANY of the jitters etc. and so far is the only ADD drug I've done that's "smooth" in its effect.

Powerful? Quite. I was on 60mg Adderall a day for a long time(I'm 35)and I'd say one 5mg Desoxyn = 30 mg Adderall IR.

Will post more as my very expensive month long Desoxyn trial goes on...

Hambone
03-11-10, 05:27 PM
Thanks for reporting your experience so far. Please post regular updates if at all possible.

twinch42085
03-11-10, 07:40 PM
Yes, Please keep us posted on how the medicine is working for you during your month trial. At my next visit I am going to ask to try Desoxyn.

Sehnsucht
03-20-10, 04:08 PM
Now two weeks in. Desoxyn is the most properly effective drug I have ever taken for ADD. No shakes, speedy but not overwhelming like Adderall. Most importantly the biggest advantage that Desoxyn seems to have over everything else Ive tried, it is garaunteed to last 6-8 hours or more in a non extended release formula. Although it doesnt have the overwhelming kick of Adderall you can get the "kick" whenever you want it just by choosing something to concentrate on then once you "lock on" the kick is there and lasts as long as you want it too.

This stuff is noooo joke. The first time I took just one 5mg tab was actually pretty overwhelming at first. Did take a couple of hours to adjust. Then a few more days to accomodate to the effects. Desoxyn also takes literally 5 minutes to kick in. If you are a newbie to Desoxyn, do NOT be driving or operating heavy machinery the day you start.

I've never used meth recreationally and or in its street form so I dont know how the two compare. But as of now I have officially done every single ADD drug there is. From Ritalin to Strattera to Adderall and now finally Desoxyn. It truly is the Holy Grail of ADD drugs. Its actually far LESS likely to make you an addict than Adderall which I believe was specifically designed to create generations of addicted paying customers.

Will update again soon....

ManInBlack
03-20-10, 09:14 PM
Agreed; I've never done the illegal stuff and never will. After switching to Desoxyn, Adderall/Dexedrine definitely seem more abusable. Maybe that's the reason dextroamphetamine was more popular back in the day. I'll be writing a review of it as well in a few days. It feels amazing knowing what it's like to have an attention span instead of being "locked in" on one thing at a time.

Hambone
03-21-10, 12:24 PM
Now two weeks in. Desoxyn is the most properly effective drug I have ever taken for ADD. No shakes, speedy but not overwhelming like Adderall. Most importantly the biggest advantage that Desoxyn seems to have over everything else Ive tried, it is garaunteed to last 6-8 hours or more in a non extended release formula. Although it doesnt have the overwhelming kick of Adderall you can get the "kick" whenever you want it just by choosing something to concentrate on then once you "lock on" the kick is there and lasts as long as you want it too.

This stuff is noooo joke. The first time I took just one 5mg tab was actually pretty overwhelming at first. Did take a couple of hours to adjust. Then a few more days to accomodate to the effects. Desoxyn also takes literally 5 minutes to kick in. If you are a newbie to Desoxyn, do NOT be driving or operating heavy machinery the day you start.

I've never used meth recreationally and or in its street form so I dont know how the two compare. But as of now I have officially done every single ADD drug there is. From Ritalin to Strattera to Adderall and now finally Desoxyn. It truly is the Holy Grail of ADD drugs. Its actually far LESS likely to make you an addict than Adderall which I believe was specifically designed to create generations of addicted paying customers.

Will update again soon....

I'm at the end of the first week of my trial of Desoxyn. I'd agree with most of what you describe. One difference in our experiences is that I find it to be VERY slow to take effect. I'm not usually aware that it's working for almost two hours and even then it's so smooth that most of the time I'm not conscious of it's effects. I've also tried Strattera, Ritalin, Adderall, and dexedrine. Only dexedrine was really tolerable. The others very easily overstimulated me. Dexedrine works well for me, but the line between smooth focus and overstimulation/anxiety is very fine. I've also found Desoxyn to last a VERY long time. With dex I can take an afternoon dose as late as 5:30 or 6:00 and still sleep fairly easily. It looks like about 2:00 PM is as late as I can take a 5mg dose of Desoxyn or I'll be up all night. There is almost no physical stimulation or speediness. My pulse rate is lower and my fidgeting, sweating, and anxiety is almost completely gone. The is the first med that my wife can actually tell is making a noticeable difference. One detail worth mentioning is that I'm a 23 year recovering addict/alcoholic. I've known I have ADD for many years, but always assumed that most of the meds that actually worked would be dangerous for me. After reading Driven to Distraction last year I decided the small calculated risk was worth taking. To my relief, I've had no desire to take more medicine than prescribed and normally don't take anything on non workdays. I have a very good relationship with my doctor and have gained his trust over the last year. I suspect most ADD'ers that like the push/kick of Adderall or Ritalin would find Desoxyn lacking what they want. It's possible that the I'm still in the honeymoon phase and problems may surface, but so far it's the best med I've tried by a substantial margin. I'm really grateful for the medication forums here. I wasn't even aware of Desoxyn until a few months ago and would have probably never discovered it without this forum. BC/BS covered it without issue and it looks like a daily dosage of 15 mgs(+/- 5mg) will be adequate. I'll try to remember to update this as my trial continues.

SuzzanneX
03-21-10, 01:29 PM
you got my attention, the greatest gift I can give you........it's interesting...

....even tho I can't even think about trying it.

Immamethaddiict

Hambone
03-21-10, 04:13 PM
you got my attention, the greatest gift I can give you........it's interesting...

....even tho I can't even think about trying it.

Immamethaddiict

It doesn't make me at all immune from relapse on any chemical, but my drugs of choice were of the sedative type, although I have used stimulants and IV cocaine. Tried meth one time and didn't like it. I was VERY concerned that I would feel the old familiar pull of addiction when trying stimulants for ADD. I was greatly relieved to feel the stimulation and remember that I never really much cared for them(it's been a while). I always felt rather anxious on large doses of stims and the crash when coming down was bad enough for me that I rarely used them before getting sober. No recovering addict(IMO)will ever be completely free from the danger of relapse, but after a year of stimulants for ADD I have absolutely no desire to take more than I'm prescribed. I usually run a surplus of meds rather than coming up short before refills. I'm serious about my sobriety and would be very afraid if I ever found myself not concerned about relapse.

SuzzanneX
03-21-10, 05:18 PM
you are addicted to downs, they don't bother me, neither does booze, or gambling.

.....meth does.....it bothers me.

also everything living, or inanimate around me is bothered when I use....you'd even be bothered

.....if you were anywhere near me.

I'm interested to see this drug do some good somewhere.

Yellow
04-07-10, 10:42 PM
good to know, since ive discovered myself emphatically that barr/teva dex is worthless **** that i wont ingest anymore, my next trial will hopepfully be desoxyn. i just hope he doesnt say no, but ill insist cuz i have the option to ask if theire is an FDA med thta can help, after all, i was getting so much dexedrine each month i could build castles with it

Hambone
04-08-10, 01:52 PM
Just a brief update after about three weeks of Desoxyn. It continues to appear to be the best thing I've tried. I'm apparently VERY sensitive to it and I'm only taking between 5 and 10 mg 1st thing in the morning and then another 5 mg about 1:30 in the afternoon. It still seems to take quite a while to notice any effect and it lasts a very long time for me. So far there's no feeling of euphoria and much less anxiety than with Dexedrine. One of the most noticeable differences is how much less I sweat now. I always sweat fairly heavily, but it was VERY bad with Dexedrine. I've actually been getting quite a bit more accomplished than normal. I suspect that my morning dose is going to end up at 7.5 mg and probably the same or a bit less in the afternoon. Another interesting thing I noticed was a a better result when exercising. I ride Mtn Bikes and learned not to take my dexedrine on days that I ride. It seems(subjective)that I get muscle burn much faster when I take it and I seem to fatigue more quickly. I decided to take my normal dose of desoxyn before riding this past weekend and didn't experience the same thing. I may have just had a good day, but it seemed better. I couldn't discern any effect positive or negative, other than possibly having a better attitude during particularly discouraging sections. So far so good. I'll try to update this occasionally as things progress.
CH

kayoss
04-24-10, 12:15 AM
Just wanted to chime in.... been reading these forums for months now and had previously been on Adderall, but it wasn't working anymore. The side effects (mainly intense sweating and the feeling like I was going crazy..) were getting to be too much, and more often then not it would actually make me feel tired. I've had Desoxyn now for three days and the difference is so incredibly night & day that I just had to post to sing it's praises. Like other people have said here, it works but it's not invasive. I have tons of energy, the cobwebs are cleared from my head, and yet I don't have that 'drug' sick phrama feeling like I got from Adderall. This stuff is just amazing, and even more incredible that it's so much more effective in such a ridiculously smaller dose. When I opened the bottle, I gasped to see the tiny breath-mint like pills!!

I think it's disgraceful that such an obviously better.... practically revolutionary way to treat ADHD is being demonized like it has been. This should be a first method of treatment, not supposedly the 'last resort'. Thank you Ovation pharmaceuticals for continuing to make such a life-changing drug!

ManInBlack
04-24-10, 06:56 PM
I totally agree, after my doctor switched me to Desoxyn over a month ago. It's hands-down the most effective medication out there. There are almost no side-effects that other medications carry with them and sometimes I forget I've even taken it. Whereas Dexedrine caused me to feel overly focused on a single task or thought, Desoxyn creates an attention span; it's like night and day. This should be the first-line med for everyone!

Vietnam Was Fun
09-06-10, 03:51 PM
Adderall which I believe was specifically designed to create generations of addicted paying customers.

Meth: From zero to conspiracy theorist in two weeks flat. :eek:

kayoss
09-29-10, 12:59 AM
I think it's disgraceful that such an obviously better.... practically revolutionary way to treat ADHD is being demonized like it has been. This should be a first method of treatment, not supposedly the 'last resort'. Thank you Ovation pharmaceuticals for continuing to make such a life-changing drug!

Now coming up on October, the Desoxyn is still working but again seems to be less effective. Is this going to be the case with all ampetamines? Will I need to continually be bouncing between dexadrine, methamphetamine, adderall, etc...?

ADDinSRQ
10-01-10, 04:55 PM
Does any one know a strength comparison between desoxyn and Adderall. I took 5mg of des twice today and they dont seem to be as strong as the Adderall I take. I take 15mg adderall (sadoz labs generic) IR in the morning and 12.5 mg in the after noon.

lolwut
10-10-10, 05:23 AM
^
I'm pretty sure desoxyn is about 3.5x as strong as adderall.

SuzzanneX
10-31-10, 11:36 AM
my shrink says adderrall is stronger...

twinch42085
11-02-10, 08:47 PM
my shrink says adderrall is stronger...

Desoxyn is the samething as Dexedrine with the addition of the methyl group which only benefits a person by allowing the medicine to last longer then compared to other traditional ADHD medicines.

I have read more negative feedback on these forums about Desoxyn because the medicine either lasts too long, is too strong, interferes with other medicines that most stimulants don't interfere with....i.e. Phenergran (which is used for nausea after surgery and to assist with insomnia).

I have asked my pdoc twice in 3 months about his opinion on desoxyn. He said that it was just like dexedrine except it lasted longer and had way fewer side effects than any other stimulant, but at the cost of scripting it to me could jeopardize his license.

I said fine ok lets up the dexedrine dosage, so he did that instead.....I guess he had a bad experience once??? I don't know.

b3nault
12-12-16, 06:54 PM
I know this thread is really old, but are/were you all using the name brand Desoxyn or a generic?

I've tried the Mylan generic in the past and now a generic by Mayne, and it's still inconsistent. Trying to figure out if paying for the name brand is worth the insane price jump from generic.

elite242lbs
02-03-17, 07:49 PM
I know this thread is really old, but are/were you all using the name brand Desoxyn or a generic?

I've tried the Mylan generic in the past and now a generic by Mayne, and it's still inconsistent. Trying to figure out if paying for the name brand is worth the insane price jump from generic.

Did you have a preference between Mylan and Mayne?

b3nault
02-14-17, 10:29 PM
I prefer the Mylan I used in the past, more consistent. I want to try the Brand version, but I am close to switching back to Dexedrine Spansules for the duration.