View Full Version : What Helps Me Sleep

adhome01
03-12-10, 06:46 PM
Here is a routine that has helped me through the years:

After 15 minutes of lying in bed trying to sleep, I get up and do 50 or so leg squats (sometimes push-ups) as fast as I can. Then I immediately go back to bed. While bed in bed, with my heart pounding, I quickly drift off to sleep. I’ve been doing this for over ten years now and it works 95% of the time.

Since this is basically a stimulant it relaxes me and gives me a sense of wellbeing. It also takes away all those random thoughts that make it so difficult to fall asleep.

Hope this helps someone.

Schroeder
03-12-10, 10:24 PM
Hah nice! I started using audiobooks last year with great success. Helps a ton - my brain tries to keep track of the story, but it gets to be so much effort that I zone out and then pass out. An iPod with a sleep timer does the trick :)

fracturedstory
03-14-10, 09:14 AM
I tell myself a story. I want to be a screenwriter or author. I find stories less distracting than my thoughts. Maybe because they're not so negative.

adhome01
03-23-10, 01:47 PM
I also always sleep with a fan on. It drowns out the outside noise and has a hypnotizing effect that clears my mind.

Werl
05-30-10, 11:10 PM
If you have an iPhone or iPod touch get the app "Mindwave" It gets me to sleep in 15 minutes. Some times I was up for hours.