View Full Version : No insurance and in need of a Dr.

cantgethelp
03-21-10, 07:32 PM
Can someone please help me? Ive been unemployed since last Sept, no health insurance. I recently started back to school, have a son who is adhd, I 2 was diagnosed yrs ago..but the dr.s thought it best to go about it another way..none of which worked. i have friends who have this as well, and have given me some to try to see if it worked/helped..it has..i def can stay on task, which is a huge problem for me..ive been researching all the meds out there and its very overwhelming..anyhow, no insurance, medical records(god knows), and my friends cant keep giving me there meds. Does anyone have any reccomendations on Dr.'s who will make time for me and possibly help me? obviously i would have to pay cash for the office visit etc...i cant afford to get insurance, no job and a single parent..please any help..

ADHDTigger
03-21-10, 07:38 PM
Try dialing 211 from any touch tone phone to reach the United Way sponsored "First Call For Help" in your area. The operator should be able to direct you to resources in your area that can meet your needs.

Google first call for help to find information on the web.

livinginchaos
03-21-10, 08:33 PM
you should look around in the yellow pages for psychiatrist and ask if they have a sliding scale for payment.

Also, please stop getting medication from your friends. it's illegal and can get you both into trouble, which will mean no stimulant meds.

MODERATOR NOTE:
In addition, we do not allow discussion of illegally obtained meds on ADDF. We don't want to encourage that, so please refrain. Thanks

cantgethelp
03-23-10, 11:18 AM
I apologize...she saw i was strugglin in school, knew i was prescribed before....no monies are exchanged. I am in the process of making calls, emails etc..so hopefully ill find someone soon..tx and again i apologize.

Addr68
03-24-10, 10:53 AM
Best to You cantgethelp :) I believe the proper help is out there..
I can feel it in my bones lol Seriously! :)