View Full Version : Adults with SPD/SID and ADD/ADHD

rayneonthemoon
03-24-10, 05:45 PM
Hello forum! I am 29 years old and have SPD/SID as well as ADD. I am just looking to connect with other adults who have Sensory Processing Issues.

Although the diagnosis wasn't brought up to me until I was in adulthood, looking back I can see I had it all my life. I just always thought I was "odd", but having an answer is truly a blessing!

fracturedstory
03-24-10, 07:31 PM
I have sensory issues. Nothing diagnosed yet. I'm pretty much hypersensitive to light, touch, taste, smells, sound. Did I miss any out?
The most irritating is feeling I get from wearing certain materials.
I can't be without glasses much because of my light sensitivity. I even have some shades for when the light is so bad that it gets through my glasses and gives me headaches.

rayneonthemoon
03-25-10, 09:37 PM
Hello fracturedstory, glad to connect with someone else who deals with similar issues.

Crazygirl79
03-31-10, 10:02 PM
Here's another SID/SPD person...lol

PM me anytime.

Selena

xenonscreams
04-12-10, 10:40 PM
My sensory issues were actually discovered way before my ADHD. I think it's another reason I never got the ADHD diagnosis, since sensory issues overlap a lot with ADHD. Looking back, though, I don't think the OT was wrong, I think the comorbidity between these two is probably really high. Still, I don't think an official diagnosis for this exists in the US?