View Full Version : Cell Phone Paralysis

ginniebean
03-30-10, 02:15 PM
I hate phones and talking on phones. However, I need a cell phone for work. Right now I have a home phone and a cell phone (pay as you go with gfy service) If I forget to plug it in then I have NO phone at all. (if I get rid of my land line)

I just learned how to text, I'm pretty sure this phone I got is really old and kinda hard to text on no keyboard just tap tap tap on the numbers.

How do you decide to pick a phone? or a carrier? One of them wants to run a credit check.. I dunno.. I mean.. late paid bills do have an effect right?

I go in and look at cell phones in the stores, I can't really tell what is different about any of the phones, and the sales people remind me of sharks. :confused:

3 yr contract.. man that's just scary.. paying for a phone outright. wtf? They cost more than a computer. Canada is notorious for having the highest costs for plans in the world.

I just can't figure it all out and I have no idea how to go about making this decision.

any point by point help with making the decision?
I also hate spending money. :mad:

stef
03-30-10, 04:12 PM
get the simplest phone with the "forfait" (?monthly rate) you're willing to pay. Look it up first on the internet and then go to the store and say "I would like this phone and offer please".
Nokia phones are nice, they have wide buttons for texting.

sarek
04-01-10, 02:08 PM
Ginnie, how about pay as you go. Surely such an option exists in Canada? Then you have to figure out how often you will be calling/messaging with your phone and what amount of phone credit you will need. If you call very rarely you may want to check if there is an expiry date on the credits.