View Full Version : To Clean a Baked on Ucky Mess of a Pan

Spirit
04-16-03, 01:20 AM
If you love to cook as I do..you will undoubtedly have a few baked on sticky hard to clean pans.

First tip....if you can use a foil pan..lmbo ;)
Secound tip...If you are unable to use a foil pan..then do what I do for not only my baking pans but also my ceramic slow cooking pot. While filling the pan, pot, dish, etc...with hot steaming water add 2 cap fulls of liquid fabric softener to the water. Let stand for an hour or longer..(I soak mine overnight, because it's easier to scrub) and it will come clean real easy..Wash as usual..and your done. :D

Lafnalot
04-16-03, 05:58 AM
I also use baking soda added to the pan full of water and heated on the stove top till it has bubbled almost out. The baked on or burned pots, pans, and baking dishes can then be washed like normal.

Spirit
04-16-03, 02:06 PM
That's an excellent idea..but I have had glass ones break before..but it works great for metal ones. Also..in ceramic or porcelain dishes..it can create a hot spot that will cause the food to cook uneven in that spot.

Thank you for your idea Crissy.

healthwiz
04-23-03, 01:07 AM
i cleaned a burned stainless steel pot a few days ago, but didnt have a brillo pad. so i added a lot of salt and alot of dish soap and scrubbed with a reg dish sponge. wow! It worked like magic. salt and dish soap!

Digitl
01-18-05, 12:52 PM
I used to be a cook in one of my life lol, and some places i work we had to wash the dishes YUCK. What i always did is put the pot on the burner nad have water maybe a 2 or 3 inches and make it boil. And then add LOTS of salt within a few minutes it should be gone.

Digitl The ex cook :D