View Full Version : Daily De-clutter ... Friday, April 2nd

Krys.
04-02-10, 05:51 AM
Good Morning Y'all.
I'm feeling a bit BLAH this morning. Might have something to do with getting up at 4:30. NO, I didn't plan to get up at 4:30ish but, since I'm up, I started breakfast for my hubby. (= Nothing fancy, just a sausage/fried egg/cheese sandwich. Anyway, I'm not really feeling that cleaning/de-cluttering mojo so I"m going to have a very easy plan today:

dishes & basic kitchen care
dry & put away hubby's work clothes
make beds

Hope you ladies have a productive day! Git-er-done!
Krys.

peripatetic
04-02-10, 08:03 AM
ok, so this isn't decluttering, per se, but it *is* something i've been trying to do for awhile (by 'awhile' i mean years:o).

my partner and i recently celebrated our anniversary. i've been trying to collect and submit paperwork for changing my name, but haven't gotten as far as i'd like. i wanted it to be his present for past birthdays, holiday gifts, etc. just need to get down to the social security office....

so, today, i will get myself down to the ss office and file! then i'll take him out to lunch:)

FastForward
04-02-10, 08:47 AM
Can we guys join too ? :-)

CircularingCats
04-02-10, 08:47 AM
Completely emptied all, er, "clutter" of three cat litter boxes, including scrubbing them down and disinfecting them.

Refilled the boxes with gloriously clean sand litter, and took the three bags of, er, "cluttered" waste out to the Dumpster, meeting the early morning sanitation driver and his big truck.

Doing the said litter boxes is both an easy job and one that people tend to procrastinate. But it makes me feel terrific to keep those boxes in as uncluttered condition as I am able to. My cats let me know their appreciation about this matter.

BrandNewDay
04-02-10, 10:09 AM
Can we guys join too ? :-)

I can't see why the boys wouldn't be welcome. W're all about supporting each other and we are free of judgment.

Sorry, ladies, I got knocked on my feet the last day and a half with some sort of bug. I hope to be back in action today. My teens are home so I'll be putting them to work. I am my most productive when not alone.

LuvMyRotts
04-02-10, 11:05 AM
Anyone can join!

Well nothing got done yesterday with the DH home after his dentist appt.

Today I was feeling great. Key word... WAS... I got up early, got the DH and kid ready for work and school then suddenly DH has an upset stomach. So I took the kid to school, came back and he is in bed. I start puttering around the house... I got a huge trash bag and started cleaning out my closet... Right in front of him.

He FINALLY leaves.

I go through the house and put in new higher wattage lightbulbs because I have really low ones in because I don't want to see my dust. Open the windows, and take the trash bag to my daughters room... Low and behold, DH returns home saying he is sick!

SHOOT ME NOW!

Now I know FOR A FACT that this is all BS! see, he had already told them at work that he might not be in today because of the dental work he had done yesterday.

So I just turned off the lights, made some coffee, and here I am sitting on the sofa on my phone while he sits across the room playing online poker. (with the occassional moan to remind how bad he feels)

I'm so pi$$ed.

I know he works hard and deserves a day off, but I had major plans and th

LuvMyRotts
04-02-10, 11:06 AM
Ooops... Hit post before I was finished! Lol

anyway, I'm just really upset.

Krys.
04-02-10, 12:03 PM
Well, I haven't done any of the 3 things on the list yet. I just got home from errand running/grocery shopping. I WILL put away the groceries! That is one of my husbands pet peeves about me. Often I will go shopping, bring all the stuff in, put away the cold stuff then move the rest of it aside to do "later" Then there are the times that I don't actually bring it all in. And even better, the times that I decide to set them in the cabinet.... WHILE THEY ARE STILL IN THE BAG! Drives hubby NUTS! It's a good thing he loves me cause he'd never be able to deal with me if he didn't. lol I do have another thing or two I want to get done (gonna make a strawberry pie... yum) but today is going to be low key. It's dreary, and rainy and just plain ICKY outside and I just don't get much done on days like this. Maybe I should find my CD and crank up ♪♫ I'm walkin on sunshine, whooo and don't it feel good ♪♫ lol That's a good cleaning song! Have a FANTASTIC day everybody!
Krys.

Peri: Happy Anniversary (late) How many is it? And it's ok if it's not actual decluttering... I tend treat these as more of a "what I need to get done today" thing anyway. :)

FastForward: Sure thing... as long as you don't get offended when somebody says something like "well ladies, I've gotten a lot done":p

CircularingCats: Great job on eliminating your "clutter" Liter boxes are not a glorious task but you are right about how much nicer it is to have it done. :)

BrandNewDay: feel better soon!

LuvMyRotts: Sorry your plans were foiled... as long as he's playing poker you could still get some of it done though. When my hubby is home and I had big plans, I just tell him what I'm up to and make sure he doesn't need anything before I get started. I might not vacuum when he's here (just plain rude) but most of the rest is doable. You can do it! :D

LuvMyRotts
04-02-10, 12:24 PM
Thanks krys, it's all a mindset thing. It really makes me mad though. Big plans, energy to do it, then feels like I was smacked. I honestly just want to cry.

I don't go to his job and get in his way.

Krys.
04-02-10, 12:30 PM
To quote Dr. Wayne Dyer... "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" :D

demfabbones
04-02-10, 12:32 PM
Hi everybody!

FF - Yay, boys!
Krys - Hope you feel better. Your sandwich sounds pretty fancy and delicious to me!
Peripatetic - I count that as decluttering too, because it's paperwork decluttering/mental decluttering.
BrandNewDay- Good job making the kids do the grunt work, haha!
CirculatingCats - I bet your cats appreciate your decluttering in this area
Rotts - Tell DH to just stay in his chair and dust around him, haha. Maybe if he feels better later he will help or at least go out and buy you some lunch????? ;)

I am off work today and admittedly off to a slow start, but today I hope to accomplish:

- Decluttering room - mostly just clothes on the floor and little things sitting out here and there
- At least 2 loads of laundry - this is a big deal for me. HATE laundry. But it's nice and I can hang it outside. Still don't want to do it though. SIGH.
- Clean bathroom - hate this for obvious reasons. It's disgusting and since I rarely do it, it is extra gross.

I have family coming in this weekend and my mom told me my aunt may want to come and see my apartment. My aunt has got to be the most anal retentive clean freak known to man. She scrubs her shower after EVERY SHOWER. She dusts woodwork on a very regular basis. She throws dishes away if the food inside them has molded. I am screwed! :eek: J/k...I think I can pass inspection if I get a lot done today and if I employ the art of camouflage/redirection :D

LuvMyRotts
04-02-10, 01:08 PM
I know I'm being a whiney butt, but I just feel so deflated. This huge sense of sadness and anger came over me.
I think I'm fixin to shower and go to my moms. I've barely said three words to him & he knows how upset I am.

When he is home, it's impossible for me to get anything done. He just goes behind me and makes a mess, or he interrupts me, he distracts me with the sound of that damn beep the computer makes when it's his turn at the poker table, and he plays his guitar while sitting there.... The same damn song over and over.

Typically I wouldn't be like this, but I really had grand plans and was finally in the mood, felt inspired enough, and had even started.

I just want to cry

Sit-n-Spin
04-02-10, 01:15 PM
To quote Dr. Wayne Dyer... "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change" :D

I don't know about that; if I stand on my head my house is still a big mess! :eek:

ginniebean
04-02-10, 01:19 PM
I'm going to go and see my sons and take tons of stuff I don't need in boxes to them. So major declutter happening right now. yay.

Suz57
04-02-10, 01:27 PM
Rotts- I know exactly how you feel. I will finally feel motivated to get organized, weed or clean, and if he is home I can't focus. Even if he's upstairs on the computer, I can't get anything done. I think it is partly due to the fact that I know he is upstairs playing on the computer (poker, bridge, minesweeper) while I am housecleaning. Just doesn't seem fair...

Good afternoon everyone- Very late start today. I was up till 3 a.m. chatting with son who just came home. The other son just arrived home and within seconds was complaining about the clutter and dog hair. Not a good start for the weekend.

My goals for today are: remove table leaf from dining table
set table
clear all surfaces in family room
plan menus for weekend
get dressed!
weed one box of papers
Wish me luck!

stef
04-02-10, 06:27 PM
I hope you all had great days! I love this thread.
I'll post something to declutter tomorrow it's past midnight here :)

salleh
04-02-10, 10:05 PM
:eek:.......I thought I was the only person who did that !!.....I figure that I got the groceries home, my work is done !........It can take me days to put everything away..........

....and if I get home with stuff that doesn't actually have a place........can take years !.......

.........the bathroom remodel is eating up time ( that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.......)......finally got the old mirror off the wall, and got the new mirror and light fixtures ..........which means I had to patch and sand and paint the wall because the old mirror was square, the new one is oval........

.....But tomorrow, Don comes over, put the new faucet in, hangs the mirror, installs the new light fixtures and puts the trim all around the room top and bottom...........

.........then just have to do a major house clean before Sunday .........(someone tell me how to peel Janet away from playing farmer on facebook........we are on a real farm here, and it's getting neglected !!!).........:rolleyes:

westsida
04-03-10, 01:45 AM
LOL my roommates are the best. I bring the groceries in, and they help put them away!

Cleaned (well ... hid the huge stack of unopened mail) my room and put my clothes away

Work

Went on my email and found out I had 5814 unopened emails. Deleted emails for awhile and got down to 4thousand something.

Took my roommates out for their birthday dinner.

Now I'm watching TV.

:)

Krys.
04-03-10, 07:56 AM
LuvMyRotts: I know how frustrating it can be to have such momentum and such a big plan and have something change it/get in the way. I wasn't trying to take away from how you felt, just trying to help find a solution. I tend to be an insufferable optimist (and proud) Hope your day got better. :)

Sit-n-spin: ha ha

ginniebean: whoo hoo for clutter gone!

Salleh: yay I'm not alone in my grocery madness! lol

westsida: I am horrible at putting clothes away. I'll wash and dry all day long.. then they end up in a pile somewhere *sigh*