View Full Version : Daily De-clutter and/or clean.... Saturday, April 3rd.

Krys.
04-03-10, 08:09 AM
Good Morning Everybody!

It's SATURDAY for all you weekend lovers! I..... don't have a clue how my day shall go. Yesterday all I managed to get done was a sinkload of dishes, 1 load of laundry done, made a strawberry pie, AND I put my groceries put away!!!!! Ok so the groceries are a big deal for me. On the other side of that... I filled the sink up with hot water to soak some dishes and they are still there this morning in cold nasty water! Ick. I wonder how much propane I've wasted over the years doing that? Anywho, today... today .... today.... Today I want to do dishes, eat pie (decluttering my fridge..lol) Seriously though, I think today is going to have to be one of my "did it" list days. If I make a "to do" list today, nothing on it will get done (I love that I know myself that well)

Now for my words of unsolicited advice. NEVER use the word "try". That word can be a huge set up for failure. Instead say "I'll do my best" or make a "want to do" list instead of a "to do" list. The mind is a powerful thing that can work for you or against you. It can be much easier to accomplish something that you'd "like to" or "want to" accomplish rather than something you HAVE to get done. Changing your perspective can make a task less daunting. (= And that's my Dr. Phil moment of the day.. lol....

HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY! :D

Suz57
04-03-10, 11:35 AM
Good morning to everyone- Never got to post last night. I accomplished all of my goals except the weeding of the papers. It's a gorgeous day so not going to do much today. Going to do some baking and some gardening. Guess I'll have to leave the cleaning to you guys today. I am just going to enjoy my guys being home:)

demfabbones
04-03-10, 12:40 PM
NEVER use the word "try". That word can be a huge set up for failure.

Too true! I never it thought of it that way before. :)

Krys and Suz, sounds like you both have a fun Saturday. (Cleaning out the fridge may not be the most fun, but eating pie is!) Suz, I am jealous that you are baking. I love baking! (Or more accurately I love eating what I baked!) I am also having a family weekend. My mom warned me that my aunt was going to come look at my apt. on Saturday, so I was about half done Friday afternoon. My mom and I were going to ride together to the shindig Friday night. She called me when she was on her way and said "We're here but we're going to come in for a minute." (We meaning my mom and aunt.) I basically just had to refuse to let my aunt come in my house (my excuse being there was laundry hanging up everywhere.) It was really embarrassing and I'm sure will also give my mom some ammo to nag me with later. Ah well. It is cleaned up today (or at least presentable) so they're going to stop by this afternoon. I just wish I had actually used my time more wisely and cleaned it instead of this morning throwing all the leftover stuff into my closet. But, when you're out till 5 a.m. and don't get up till 11, it's kind of hard to have a productive morning. (Long story - got stuck at a party with my brother and I was the DD) :rolleyes:

Most likely won't get anything taken care of today because we're doing family stuff all day, but I'm looking forward to it! Hope you all have a great Easter weekend! :)

forinstants
04-03-10, 01:01 PM
Not cleaning, but taking care of a shopping list that needs attention :). So I have a goal of putting everything purchased away after I get home.

danelady
04-03-10, 01:09 PM
Good Saturday morning people! I woke up rarein' to go and did two,got that...
T W O...loads of laundry before I even walked the dog!

Why can't I be this way everyday?

Then I took the dog to a field next door so I could turn him loose to run. After I unhooked his leash I looked up and noticed that the field had been irrigated and was a giant bog! He had himself a great ol' time rolling and frolicking in the mud. Then I had to do one more bit of washing...HIM!

BrandNewDay
04-03-10, 03:33 PM
Happy Saturday.

My bug is gone and I have a decent amount of energy today. I never got to cleaning out my daughter's overflowing dressers and closet so I am about to walk upstairs and do that with her now.

Then to the mall with my kids to shop for spring break stuff for my daughter (I HATE the mall). Then to do a quick food shopping and home to watch the Final Four.

My son is on spring break and had boys in an out all week. I feel like a catering service. I barely get done serving a meal and cleaning up and they are hungry again, not to mention snacks in between.

If I can deal with these boys, get my daughter's disgusting room done, go to the mall AND food shop, it will be a VICTORIOUS day.