View Full Version : Anxiety+OCD and ADD

bearfan
04-04-10, 09:52 PM
Anyone have a similar dx as mine? I am dx as anxiety/depression, but have OCD and a mild ADD in the mix. Prozac and anti-anxiety medication tends to help. But I am not sure what the best stimulant is? I have tried dexedtrine and adderall (with adderall being 'less intense'), and provigil. I may like provigil the best, but it's not generic. Also looking to not have the sexual side effect.

senselessTess83
06-30-10, 07:20 AM
yup I think you and are in the same boat...as far as diagnosis go but be careful of the dosage stimulant you take. Everyone is different and I have been told different things but personally, the higher the docs boost my adderall, the worse the anxiety and panic. I even find some of my counting behaviors have returned so I am on Prozac for the OCD/Anxiety, adderall. I am doing okay. Is Provigil new

hollywood
06-30-10, 09:58 PM
I don't think it's dose dependent, if you have predisposed anxiety it will manifest at any given point. It's best to take the dose of ADHD stim that decreases your ADHD and treat anxiety in combo, it's tricky and you may need And it may take a med combo with your stims of course

CrystalShiloh
07-05-10, 04:06 PM
Anyone have a similar dx as mine? I am dx as anxiety/depression, but have OCD and a mild ADD in the mix. Prozac and anti-anxiety medication tends to help. But I am not sure what the best stimulant is? I have tried dexedtrine and adderall (with adderall being 'less intense'), and provigil. I may like provigil the best, but it's not generic. Also looking to not have the sexual side effect.

I have been diagnosed w/AD/HD and OCPD. I have tried Provigil, but I was taken off of it after my stroke. I am currently on 30 mg. of Vyvanse, which is a stimulant related to Adderall. On the upside, unlike Adderall, it is smooth and steady; there are no peaks and troughs. On the downside, a generic of Vyvanse is not available. Everyone reacts differently to medication. I have been fortunate enough not to suffered any side-effects on Vyvanse. I recommend that you try it for yourself.