View Full Version : Is lunesta working for you?

tiggerousity
04-08-10, 10:02 PM
I feel lunesta is ok but, not a great solution. I like benzos best for sleep.
How about you?

Tigs

JR1973
04-08-10, 11:54 PM
It works OK for me when I have to take it. I hate the bad taste it leaves the following day. Nothing gets rid of it.

Maurice
04-09-10, 12:41 PM
It has been a few years since I have used it. But when I did I was very pleased with Lunesta. Then my insurance company made me switch to Ambien CR and it works O.K. but it gives me a terrible "hangover." Usually so bad that I have to take at least one nap.

I just got a letter from my insurance company telling me that they are not going to pay for Ambien CR anymore and I have to switch to Lunesta again. So in a month or so I will be able to tell you how it is working for me this time.

Nick
04-09-10, 05:54 PM
I used Lunesta for awhile. I think it sucks. It didn't help me sleep at all, and in fact, I think it kept me awake quite a bit. I also remember having some other weird side effects, and I usually tolerate things pretty well.

abooth3
02-25-11, 11:27 PM
It works fairly well for me. I mean, it's not Ambien, so don't expect it to knock you out like a horse tranquilizer. But it works for my needs.

I usually take Restoril or Lunesta. Ambien gives me a hangover where I"m wide awake the next night, which I don't like because I try to avoid taking these every single night. Restoril is a Benzo, Lunesta's not. The main thing I've noticed is that Lunesta is much shorter acting--it doesn't make me drowsy in the morning--and you can take it much longer than Benzo's without becoming tolerant. You're not supposed to develop tolerance to Lunesta at all.

gnbeg
04-23-11, 11:45 PM
Tried Lunesta when I first started struggling with insomnia. Tried it for a couple of weeks and it really didn't work. Ambien kinda worked. Only thing that really worked was seroquel.

FranticFrummie
08-16-11, 04:54 AM
Oh man, I love me some Lunesta. LOOOOOOOOOVE IT!

I've been taking it for a few years now, and still don't have a tolerance to it. I can skip a dose and sleep just fine if I'm tired enough. The best thing is, it's the only sleep aid that promotes Stage 4 sleep, which is where your body repairs all of the damage from the previous day. With my fibromyalgia, I really need this. When I tried to quit taking Lunesta, my fibro pain got way worse, and I ended up waking up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck.

There have been studies done on Lunesta and fibro pain, but it's still considered off label use. I printed out a copy of the studies to take to my appointment, and got my psych doc to give me another year's refill. :-)

Just remember, Lunesta is not a sedative, it's a hypnotic. If you're looking for something to knock you out, this isn't it. For me, it just gives me enough of a whole body relaxation, and makes my brain slow down enough that I can fall asleep more naturally.

Abi
08-16-11, 10:26 AM
No good for SERIOUS insomnia.

Ambien, Lunesta, etc. suck for this.

Go Xanax (regular IR), Restoril, or Rohypnol. If you can hook up with the last, get me some too.

Laserbeak
08-08-13, 04:33 PM
Yes, the new sleeping pills don't affect all your GABA receptors so your brain is basically half asleep. This is what causes the sleep driving, sleep cooking (I can attest to that one!), etc. reports from the use of Ambien.

Raye
08-09-13, 01:32 AM
Lunesta works for about a week for me, then kicks out to nothing.

Oowattie
03-20-17, 07:07 AM
I need to find alternative means to get the dosage of ambien I need too. 10mg is ok if its the right generic but even still after 10 plus yrs on it the body builds immunity to it. But good much feet your doc to give you more than 1per day. Any ideas?