View Full Version : Need advice ...urgent

daboss305
04-09-10, 10:47 PM
Hi, my name is Raijon. I have ADD. I'm a junior in high school and haven't been able to accomplished anything this year. This year has been a total waste. I just started therapy last week and my meds will be modified soon. School will be out and I don't even have a 1gpa. I need advice. My life is spiraling out of control. I don't have the motivation to do anything. Please help.

cosinezero
04-10-10, 03:18 PM
Hi Raijon. Thanks for posting.

Let me start out by saying - I hear a lot of depression in your post, and you're doing the right thing by reaching out for answers. That's a huge first step and you should commend yourself for that. Don't let this get you down - life is supposed to spiral out of control in high school - that's when you CAN make mistakes, overcome them, and emerge a much, much stronger person for it.

I'd worry more about the people in your school who seem like they -don't- have any problems at all; those are the people that end up with major life crisis soon after college because they can't handle the stresses of real life. You - you get yourself through this part of your life, you'll be laughing about it before long.

Have you spoken with a guidance councilor? When I was your age, I had similar problems. Since I couldn't stay interested in "normal school", school councilors put me into a vocational technical / "career technical" training school instead of high school; it was AWESOME. I loved working with computers and electronics, and when I graduated it opened doors for me to get good jobs and now I'm doing quite well for myself.

I'm not saying it's definitely the answer for you, but my point is sometimes guidance councilors have some options that you might not be aware of.

Raijon - Feel free to PM me if you'd like. I was there, and I'd be happy to listen.