View Full Version : Daily de-clutter, sat april 10, 2010

salleh
04-10-10, 07:33 AM
:eek:........Well, I am coming down to the wire in packing up 6 months worth of stuff collected, including a whole lotta ( about 4 to 500 ) watches........I finally got most all of the watches sorted, now it's a matter of wrapping each one to ship, except for the ones going with me on the plane......(about 60 of the most valuable and delicate......but those and about 100 pieces of heavy silver jewlry and the new DSLR are going in my wheeled ( !) carry-on) those old mechanical watches do not like to be very cold....and they're way too valuable to risk in my luggage

........I have watches spread out from one side of the living room to the other.......for such little things, they sure take up a lot of room .......

.......thank goodness for Southwest Airlines, I can have 2 pieces of luggage, the first time I came out here, I flew someone else, and my one piece of luggage was 15 pounds overweight, and they charged me $125 for that !.....boy I was really hungry by the time I got off the bus from the Chicago airport, some 16 hours after I got on the very early flight from Oakland that morning.........:eek:

..........so how're you all doing with your de-cluttering ????

meridian
04-10-10, 11:12 AM
By the time you've set the correct time on watch number 500 it'll be off by 24 hours! haha that's a little time joke.

I won't ask why so many watches, but am really glad to hear of a new DSLR! Yay! I want to see new Sally pictures!

Today, I am thinking about defeating my coffee table, which has been taunting me for 2 years with

"Haha I am your coffee table, I am total pile of junk more than a foot high and yet you cannot clear me! I rule! I am the coffee table and I shall not be defeated!"

Oh yeah, coffee table, we'll just see about that! :D

Krys.
04-10-10, 11:13 AM
Yay it was started today! Thanks Salleh! My decluttering today is going to consist of laundry and dishes.... Our water hasn't been functional since Tuesday, So everything is backed up in that department. Today is the first chance DH has had to fix it since the pipe broke (just went to town for parts! yay) Anyway that's really all I have planned for the day... well that and mowing the yard. Have a great one ya'll.
Krys.

Salleh: I've never flown, so I don't know but, how much of a headache will getting the stuff that is going in the wheeled carry on through air port security?

demfabbones
04-10-10, 11:14 AM
Salleh, I am just picturing a living room lined with watches...must be an impressive sight!

I am annoyed with myself this morning because yet again I wake up on a Saturday to realize that I can't truly spend the weekend relaxing because I have to clean up all the clutter and mess I accumulated throughout the week. It's a vicious cycle I'm trapped in...I have fun weekends, but I can't just chill out in my house because it's too messy to induce a "chill" atmosphere. Why do I do this to myself each and every time???

Krys.
04-10-10, 11:15 AM
Today, I am thinking about defeating my coffee table, which has been taunting me for 2 years

Don't think, just do! :)

Krys.
04-10-10, 11:20 AM
I am annoyed with myself this morning because yet again I wake up on a Saturday to realize that I can't truly spend the weekend relaxing because I have to clean up all the clutter and mess I accumulated throughout the week. It's a vicious cycle I'm trapped in...I have fun weekends, but I can't just chill out in my house because it's too messy to induce a "chill" atmosphere. Why do I do this to myself each and every time???

Because procrastination is easier at the time. I have a lot of days that I have to talk myself into doing things. Something that may help: put up reminder/motivational notes. Yes I'm serious. On a piece of paper, in large colorful letters write: DON'T FORGET THE WEEKEND or WHAT WILL SATURDAY BE LIKE? Sometimes visual reminders of goals are very helpful at just getting them done. In the mean time... get busy! :D

salleh
04-10-10, 11:23 AM
actually, I brought a couple of 18 slot watch holders inj my carry-on on the way out here, and there really was no problem ......I expected one, but nope, apparently they could tell that those were watches when seen through the x-ray thingy.......and as a 59 year old oh so white woman, ( all northern European blood) I think the assumed that I wasn't much of a threat anyway !.........

........and yep, it is watches fro one end of the living room to the other.....and I may just take my new DSLR, ( a Pentax K-x ) and shoot a photo of it !.......

.....and Meridian, I seem to have a problem with that camera when I down-load the photos i have shot, sometimes it loads just the ones I recently shot and sometimes, ( like yesterday ) it insists on loading every photo on the card, which is a big giant pain in the a** because it is a 4 something card and it is now holding 6oo some odd photos, and that will fill up your drive very quickly, not to mention taking forever to load ........gggrrrrrr

salleh
04-10-10, 11:36 AM
oh and I really feel stupid too........ I didn't figure out that the best way to wrap and ship the men's watches with metal bands is to have one end fastened, so that it will lie flat......the metal bands can break if you try to cram them into a box without protection.......and, of course I did't figure it out until I spent most of a day putting watches with bands ......grrrrrr

oh and Meridian .......I too have the coffee table from h***......actually, any flat surface will soon be piled up with as much stuff as I can balance on it !......and in my room, I use a futon ....( and yes, they're supremely uncomfortable, especially since I usually have it half full of stuff, and I can't even stretch out full length ...sigh), and my coffee table is also my work bench ........ I do clean it off about 4 times a year and you would not believe the cool stuff I find .......

....oh hey , there's that x-acto knife !.....and that watch....... and the box of beads........

meridian
04-10-10, 01:11 PM
and I may just take my new DSLR, ( a Pentax K-x ) and shoot a photo of it !.......

Yes, please!

.....and Meridian, I seem to have a problem with that camera when I down-load the photos i have shot, sometimes it loads just the ones I recently shot and sometimes, ( like yesterday ) it insists on loading every photo on the card, which is a big giant pain in the a** because it is a 4 something card and it is now holding 6oo some odd photos, and that will fill up your drive very quickly, not to mention taking forever to load ........gggrrrrrr

Ah! you need to learn DAM! Go to the local bookstore and look through a copy of "That DAM Book" by Peter somebody.

DAM stands for Digital Asset management.

a 4 GB card shouldn't fill up a modern hard drive. Many are 500GB or 1TB (which is 1,000GB). And they are much cheaper than they used to be.

Download everything off the card, check that it is all there, copy it to a DVD or another hard drive (back up is CRITICAL) and then re-format the camera's card in the camera which will erase all the images.

Then do that after every shoot. Look into getting a program like Adobe Lightroom which is a fantastic way to name, rate, view and find your digital photos.

If you have a recent Mac, iPhoto (included with the Mac) will be enough for starters.

salleh
04-10-10, 04:38 PM
........well, I am going to try to add photos here.......and if it works, the photo of the watches and jewelry on the couch are the things I am taking on the plane in my carry-on.....

....the second photo is the table and the couch i the background is the one full of watches, and so ......wall to wall watches.......

never mind can't figure it out :mad: :confused: but if you go to my photo albums ......there they are........

Pamplemousse
04-10-10, 09:25 PM
Well, I decided to clean my room the other day. It looked as if a twister ripped though my room but left the walls standing. I had it all looking good. Bed made, desks cleared off, dirty clothes put inside the hamper instead of laying on my floor next to the hamper.

It's been a day and it looks like monkey poo again. Sports bag is laying on the floor, notebooks in every area of my room with my ideas on them (ideas that I will probably never act on) And as I sit here typing this reply I realize my 500 page American history book has to be read my Monday and I am only on page 132. *sigh* (No time tomorrow because I have to work at a community service chicken dinner thing) And to make matters worse report cards come out Monday I believe. I'm either dead meat or going to be stuck on meds...probably both..not that being put on medication is a bad thing. I kinda need it, but my parents are dead set against it. Maybe these grades will knock some sense into 'em...(My mom got really mad once and started to consider it. Even asked me if I wanted 'em)

Anyways, on a bright note I had some tasty German food today! :p And my goal tomorrow is to clean all the dirty dishes outta my room!

meridian
04-10-10, 11:12 PM
Well me and coffee table had it out -- for about 15 minutes.

It isn't completely cleared yet, but it is more than 2/3rds done. And THAT is a big deal in itself. :)

kateribethrose
04-11-10, 04:28 AM
well technically it's Sunday as I am writing this, but I figured I should say something... (side note do you think it's an add thing to just go dot dot dot as you are typing? just an observation)

I didn't sleep again so my brother woke me up around eleven and I had to go to the store and buy something for our mother. Just did normal stuff till I was tired then I went to sleep.

I slept again earlier this evening but have been awake since 11pm. I should try and rest but I am a bit anxious for church and confession. (I am an orthodox christian and we have confession before the service) I cant get into the why...

Not sure what I am going to do tomorrow, there is a couple of story ideas floating around in my head but I am hesitant to start them since my to do list at least when it comes to writing is already way too long with more than one which needs maximum work.