View Full Version : Passion Flower and Adderall?

nicolodi
04-12-10, 03:54 AM
Hey guys,

I posted this in the adderall section, but I didn't really get a good response...

I was prescribed 20mg XR (CorePharma) a few months ago... I only take it when i need it, and i usually split it, so 10mg a day, maybe more sometimes...

Been worried about the high blood pressure. Sometimes, but usually when I'm coming off of adderall, my heart is beating stronger. Strong enough where I can feel my body move, or for example if i put a a book on my chest i can see the book moving up and down. So did some research on "natural beta-blockers". Ran into "Passion Flower". So I just went and bought some (capsule form) 250mg.

I did some research just now on the combination. I'm only reading bad things. And now I'm reading chamomile tea is also a bad combination? Can someone help explain why these two make for a bad combination?

http://www.naturalnews.com/DrugWatch_Adderall.html

"• The following herbs may have cardioactive or sedative properties that could interact dangerously with Adderall: Astragalus, Catnip, Dong quai, Feverfew, Fo-ti, Guarana, Kava, Kelp plant, Lady’s slipper, Lavender, Linden tree, Lobelia, Marigold, Passion flower, Chamomile, Slippery elm, St. John’s wort, and Yohimbe.10"

I really have no idea why it would be dangerous... I don't understand the scientific mumbo jumbo.

HelP!?!?

Nick
04-12-10, 08:22 AM
Well, I can't tell you the exact science behind it, but basically you have A and B receptors. Certain beta blockers blocking B receptions will put a strain on your heart because then the A receptors remain unblocked and over pressured etc.

You need to search here and also talk to your doctor about getting a real beta blocker or blood pressure medication.

mhoveybyrd
04-19-10, 07:24 PM
I'm not one for reaching out towards natural solutions when it comes to my heart or blood pressure. I used to be on Adderall XR in combination with Atenolol 50 mg. and Xanax .5 mg., when the medication started to wear off at the end of the day my blood pressure and heart rate would be pretty high. I didn't like how jittery Adderall Xr would make me and asked my doctor to put me back on Vyvanse. Since I've been back on Vyvanse my blood pressure and heart rate have been normal. There are some natural remedies I don't mind trying out, but when it comes to my blood pressure or anything that has to do with my heart...I'd rather put my trust in prescription medications my doctor gives me. Sometimes natural remedies will cause you more harm than good.