View Full Version : Daily De-clutter.....Tuesday April 13th......

Krys.
04-13-10, 07:23 AM
Good Morning,<o></o>
I'm in a bit of an off mood. My car is acting up and I'm having a hard time keeping it from invading my thoughts. All I can do is pray (and believe) that it will get us where we need to go (and back again) until my husband can replace the fuel pump (and pray some more that replacing the fuel pump fixes the problem) Also I think I might have to stay away from the pc today if I want to get anything done. I have this horrible habit of checking in (especially to this forum) every little bit to see if there are any new responses to anything, then I will find some more new posts that I am just going to check "quickly"...... you get the idea.... I end up wasting away what random bits of time I get in the day to get stuff done. So today, I'm considering NO PC for awhile... maybe I'll get some of this stuff done...<o></o>
Yesterday I did a few loads of laundry and some dishes, that's all. And when I say I "did some laundry" what I really mean is washed, dried, and piled. Today my plan/goals are:<o></o>

dishes
laundry (would LOVE to get all the dirty stuff washed)
1 bedroom
kitchen table

Sounds good to me. Have a fantastic day everybody!
Krys.<o></o>

Suz57
04-13-10, 10:46 AM
How do you find the "Household tricks and tips" section? I keep hitting the old threads to get here.

meridian
04-13-10, 10:46 AM
Hi Krys.

Well Yesterday I did finish a work related thing I'd been putting off for weeks (yay) which means finally getting paid (double yay).

Coffee table remains the same.

I made out a list for each room in my apartment (5) of what needs to happen in that room alone -- I find that knowing that the specific, smaller lists are posted relieves tension around the ÜBER-LIST.

I watched the Russell Barkley videos in this thread (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81316) two or three times.

Today I have to work on financial issues including tax returns (haven't even started) and selecting and sending to print about 8 pictures for a photography show I'm in that debuts early May.

Krys.
04-13-10, 11:01 AM
Yay I'm not alone today! lol. So far I sort of took care of the bedroom I was working on. i.e. I put everything on the floor in a box to be put away a few things at a time...LATER. It isn't as overwhelming that way. I still have some stuff to do in there (make the bed, remove things that don't belong, sweep, etc..) but it looks much better. Also I have a load of laundry in the dryer and one in the washer. Admittedly the one in the dryer I washed yesterday and forgot about. lol Guess it's back to work for me...

Suz57: Honestly I bookmarked it. This section kind of reminds me of a tv show where somebody needs an office and gets stuffed in the broom closet in the back. lol There are 2 other things you can do to find it though. If there is a thread started it should come up in the "new posts" if you click that at the top. The other way I know of is, at the bottom right of just about any page there is a spot that says "forum jump" with a drop down box. If you click that and then go down past pretty much EVERYTHING else (even past the list of states) you will find Household Tips & Tricks listed as a subcategory under "Resources, Tools, & Organizational tips" THAT was a mouthful!

meridian: yay for what you got done. I've done the list for each room before too. Until I get bored it is very effective! lol Taxes before coffee table (unless you need it to do them on)

meridian
04-13-10, 11:53 AM
Yay I'm not alone today! lol.

meridian: yay for what you got done. I've done the list for each room before too. Until I get bored it is very effective! lol Taxes before coffee table (unless you need it to do them on)

Taxes before coffee table My new motto for the day!:)

Krys.
04-13-10, 01:16 PM
Another load of laundry started and the kitchen counter is cleared and wiped down. The counter wasn't on the list but it needed to be done. Guess I better get started on the table or the dishes huh?

demfabbones
04-13-10, 11:22 PM
Yay, glad I found you! :)

Krys.
04-13-10, 11:41 PM
Yay! me too!:D

slowly
04-14-10, 12:12 AM
I love the idea of Daily De-clutter threads.

I'm too afraid to turn off my PC for extended periods of time because so much of my day is spent just having to look up this or that....what if that piece of information is really important, especially when it's having to do with figuring out how to manage ADD?

meridian
04-14-10, 01:11 AM
Another load of laundry started and the kitchen counter is cleared and wiped down. The counter wasn't on the list but it needed to be done. Guess I better get started on the table or the dishes huh?

Hey great!:)

But did I get anything done today? Um, not a whole lot. I was busy all day, but aside from handling a few nagging work issues, doing some food shopping, seeing my therapist, walking a friend's dog and watching V and Nightline, not all that much got done from my list.

I did feel a little dragged down today by watching the Barkley CADDAC videos over and over -- or maybe buy the total impulse buy of Almond Roca on sale at Rite-Aid (https://www.riteaid.com/stores/weekly_ad/detail_item.jsf?tnumber=T34299&circularId=2168&region=east&page=11) ($3.99 instead of $6.99) and then eating most of them (bingeing!)

Oh well, there's always Wednesday!

CircularingCats
04-14-10, 01:55 AM
Hey great!:)

But did I get anything done today? Um, not a whole lot. I was busy all day, but aside from handling a few nagging work issues, doing some food shopping, seeing my therapist, walking a friend's dog and watching V and Nightline, not all that much got done from my list.

I did feel a little dragged down today by watching the Barkley CADDAC videos over and over -- or maybe buy the total impulse buy of Almond Roca on sale at Rite-Aid (https://www.riteaid.com/stores/weekly_ad/detail_item.jsf?tnumber=T34299&circularId=2168&region=east&page=11) ($3.99 instead of $6.99) and then eating most of them (bingeing!)

Oh well, there's always Wednesday!

Been watching this decluttering thread a bit because I've been at this task in my home on and off for some time. It's good to hear how others are doing (and about terrific sales of Almond Roca, a favorite treat of mine!).

Geez, as much as I love my home, I sure wish I had a washer and dryer here. Things would far improve on those trips to the laundromat I have to make -- and to make by walking there. Ah, well, at least there I can (hopefully) get ahold of several machines and do multiple loads simultaneously.

So, tomorrow, hoping to hit the 1) laundry on Wednesday, the hump day of the week. Need to decrease the size of my laundry loads -- clothes humps -- here. :D

Other early ideas for what to tackle tomorrow:
2) things for the trash, as it's trash pick-up day
3) wash as much of the dirty dishes as possible; then let them air dry
4) look for my misplaced library book ... is it due yet? (I know it will be due soon.)
5) jot some stuff done for Thursday's tx appt.
6) decide whether or not will go to the pizza night gathering tomorrow night; then inform my neighbor what I've decided so she can get ready (or not get ready) to go, too.

Well, just a few random thoughts. Looks like a good plan for tomorrow. And it's likely I can get a bit more done in there, too. I just want something concrete down, for starters. :)

Krys.
04-14-10, 07:52 AM
Slowly: I could waste the day away looking up this or that. Some days I just have to make myself leave the pc alone. I once took an entire week off of the computer and my house looked FANTASTIC! Maybe I should do that again.....

Meridian: I know that you never said WHEN you would do the taxes before coffee table, but sooner would be better than later! I watched the videos too... only once though. I found him dreadfully dull. I did use up some time on his website though..whoops.

CircularingCats: I don't blame you on the washer/dryer thing. The only potential down fall is that having a set in the house can lead to procrastinating because it's always available "later" without disrupting anything. Great list.... I like to make lists like that sometimes and then just pick things off of it at random to accomplish.

Bluerose
04-14-10, 09:59 AM
Just reading this thread puts me in the mood for one of my clear outs. I do a tidy through once a week and a clear out once a month. My place isn't that big and that routine helps keep everything in it's place. I must admit though I can’t sit comfortably at the computer if something need done - it’s easier to just go and do it.