View Full Version : Can someone recommend good psychiatrist in New Jersey?

Nick
04-13-10, 04:26 PM
Please recommend good psychiatrists in New Jersey. They can be ADD specialized, or just good. Let's get some names in here!!!

Amtram
04-13-10, 09:16 PM
Where in New Jersey? It's a lot bigger than it looks!

Nick
04-14-10, 11:58 PM
Well, more northern/central area, but I'm open to anyone who is really good.

lomipo
04-15-10, 01:14 AM
If you are willing to cross the Hudson to Manhattan I am happy to give recommendations.

Nick
04-15-10, 08:06 AM
Yeah, I would consider that an option.

Amtram
04-15-10, 08:54 AM
Jury's still out on my psychiatrist here in Toms River, but so far, so good. Give me another 6 months, and I'll know for sure. My psychologist, though, is the best. He has ADD, grew up with an ADD parent, and his adopted son turned out to have ADD. Unfortunately, he's not taking new patients - I have to make three months' worth of appointments at a time to make sure I get on his schedule!

Of the other psychiatrists I've seen, don't go to Dr. Sathaye in Livingston. Don't go to Dr. Corham in Toms River. The other two that I saw who were good are no longer practicing in NJ at all. Of course, my experience is limited because hubby works for a really small company, and our insurance is about the worst you can get.

meridian
04-15-10, 09:31 AM
Was there nothing in that NJ Forum link I PM-ed you? I never actually looked at it.:o

NYC is THE place to come if you can. JMO (but I'm biased as a lifelong New Yorker):cool:

Nick
04-15-10, 03:49 PM
No, that link was to this section!!!

Anyway, I appreciate everyone's posts. I hope more people come in here and cough up some names.

I guess I'd go to a doctor in NYC, but I would need to have some real proof beforehand, like personal experiences, and of course, knowing the costs etc.

mike91163
04-19-10, 02:06 PM
No, that link was to this section!!!

Anyway, I appreciate everyone's posts. I hope more people come in here and cough up some names.

I guess I'd go to a doctor in NYC, but I would need to have some real proof beforehand, like personal experiences, and of course, knowing the costs etc.

Hey Nick-how's Clark or West Orange for you? I'm in Middlesex County, and see Dr. Charles Park in Clark (Raritan Road-3 to 5 minutes off Parkway Exit 135). Young (30-something) guy, American-born of Chinese parents, soft-spoken and VERY non-judgmental. Extremely thorough, particularly on the first visit; I spent almost an hour with him. Follow-ups have been fine-if I have any questions or concerns, he takes the time to explain or discuss them.

Hope this helps...

Nick
04-20-10, 11:15 PM
Great. Thanks for that suggestion. That's a little far, but not terribly. I might want to ask you some questions about him though, if you don't mind.

sarahsweets
04-23-11, 01:01 PM
I use dr nupur lahiri in monmouth junction. I have used her for 10 years. Her number is 7323551158