View Full Version : Desoxyn long term users

nodding
04-14-10, 05:13 AM
Hi all as a long term user of Desoxyn, coming up forty years now, initially for depression, i will forever lament the loss of the excellent Gradumet SR tabs 10 years ago. i took 4, 15mg Gradumets early morning and was like a normal person ALL DAY, with little ill effect. When they went off the market i was put on 20mg IR, 3x daily with ok results. Then these Ovation brand came along and the 'burn' of the drug lasted only that compared to IR Ritalin, so i was given 4, tabs (20mg) 5x a day, with far less satisfactory results, and greater medical costs. Hi all as a long term user of Desoxyn, coming up forty years now, initially for depression, i will forever lament the loss of the excellent Gradumet SR tabs 10 years ago. i took 4, 15mg Gradumets early morning and was like a normal person ALL DAY, with little ill effect. When they went off the market i was put on 20mg IR, 3x daily with ok results. Then these Ovation brand came along and the 'burn' of the drug lasted only that compared to IR Ritalin, so i was given 4, tabs (20mg) 5x a day, with far less satisfactory results, and greater medical coI still have a few kept for old time sake. Do any longer term users have any health issues? when i stsrted on Desoxyn in 1968 they were 20c each. when they went off they were $5.77 each and i was taking 4, sometimes 5 daily, and they were the most satisfactory medicine i have taken for my issues, never loosing effectiveness. I guess the high street price made the manufacturing and record of each pill uneconomical

Naussicaa
04-15-10, 12:17 AM
Uhm I read that and I don't understand what you've written!

Do you have a question or some sort of statement?

Ritalin20Xanax2
09-27-10, 03:15 AM
Naussicaa,

Back then, the mg for Desoxyn used to be higher up to 20mg.

-Patrick

lolwut
03-06-11, 06:59 PM
Damn! When you started taking Desoxyn, was it called Methedrine? I thought d-methamp in tablet form was called Methedrine up until the mid-70s. I've also heard that people with ADD/ADHD who were on d-methamp in the 60s were prescribed Methedrine ampoules for injection, do you have any experience with those?

TrickyRicky
09-26-11, 11:19 AM
2 years no problems. I saved me from me!!