View Full Version : Daily De-Clutter...... Wednesday, April 14th

Krys.
04-14-10, 07:32 AM
Can I go back to sleep? Did not sleep well AT ALL last night and this morning I feel like somebody traded my soft place to sleep for concrete slabs. ugh. Woke up with a sore back, stiff neck, sore throat, stuffy head and an enormous hunger gremlin in my tummy this morning. Blast those darn gremlins. That's all right, hunger gremlins are not fond of apples so I promptly ate one to keep it at bay! Don't mind me, I'm just being grouchy. Anywho, now that I've infected the rest of the world (or at least this corner of it :p) with my grouchy ways.... on with the day!

It was nice to see posting yesterday! Keep it up! My plan for today is still the laundry mostly. I got most of it done but now it needs to be sorted and put away. I'm going to make a list and if I get even part of it done today I'm going to be happy:

sort and put away laundry
dishes
take out trash
finish decluttering the table
work on the entry

Ok that's it for now... time to cruise around the internet some more, reply to some posts in yesterday's tread, drink my coffee, then get busy. What are your plans today? Make it a great one and Keep it fun!
Krys.

meridian
04-14-10, 10:51 AM
Good (late) morning!

Still no taxes done -- I started a thread for the Americans amongst us!

Enjoy your coffee! :)

Suz57
04-14-10, 11:05 AM
Off to a very slow start. Got to go get some more tea. Mind is totally cluttered. Will post later if I ever get going...

Suz57
04-14-10, 11:29 AM
OK- I'm back. I'm throwing a going away party for my son who's moving to WI. I have less than a month to clean up this pigsty. Any and all suggestions as to how to accomplish this overwhelming task are appreciated. I am off to work on the living room...

stef
04-14-10, 12:06 PM
it's so nice to see this thread! I wish I had this when I was home with my son but that was 20 YEARS ago and there was no internet :eek:

I have to work late so NOTHING for me today (it is already past 6.00 here...)
I really hoped to make a quiche for dinner and straighten up the kitchen while it's baking. but it looks like it's going to be some ready-made thing instead.

Krys.
04-14-10, 01:42 PM
Well, so far I've sort of worked on the entry. I don't always do so well with lists... that is to say, I do everything that's NOT on the list! lol While I wasn't doing my list, I was going from room to room piling anything and everything that was on the floor, on the furniture instead (when I say everything I mean EVERYTHING but the big furniture) Then I started vacuuming. It was going great till I hit a snag..... my vacuum cleaner filters needed to be cleaned sooooo I sort of got some of the vacuuming 1/2 done and then had to stop to clean the filters. It will be tomorrow before they are dry enough for me to put them back in and finish the vacuuming. Now I'm left with the decision of what to do next.. I think I'm going to keep on going as if the vacuuming had been accomplished. That means that now I go from room to room (starting with the living room of course) and start putting the stuff that's piled on the furniture, back where it goes. Fun fun stuff I tell ya!

Suz57: My best advice is one thing at a time. You might try my method. Clear everything off the floor, clean the floor then start de-cluttering the furniture one piece at a time, working your way clockwise around the room. That helps eliminate CWNOS (chicken with no head syndrome) lol

Stef: ah the days of no internet. How ever did the world function in such dark ages! LOL Remember anything is still progress so even if you just put away 2 things that are out of place, it's something. 2 things are better than 0 things right?

Suz57
04-14-10, 06:14 PM
I had a mini-epiphany. Usually- when guests are coming, I look around and start cleaning the clutter in the kitchen and family room. However- this morning I realized that those two rooms will just get messy again so instead, I picked a room (living room) that had to be cleared before I can even think of cleaning.

So- this a.m. I had a living room with wall to boxes of papers, Christmas stuff, quilting stuff, books, etc. You couldn't really walk in the room.

Now- (drum roll please) the floor and surfaces are clear!!!!

It helps that there is a large armoire in there which holds a very large amount of junk. So- my strategy is to clear all surfaces, fill every cabinet with whatever I don't have time to go through, and get the house so it can be cleaned. Out of sight- out of mind. It's going to be a very long month until the party...

meridian
04-14-10, 08:29 PM
Taxes are DONE! baby yeah! :D

But I forgot to eat dinner. (Hyperfocusing / Perseveration)

Suz57
04-14-10, 11:26 PM
Meridian- Congrats on the taxes. Due to the flooding in RI, our extended deadline is in May. Probably still won't get them done on time:)

demfabbones
04-14-10, 11:34 PM
Had a productive day from 6-5, then came home and had a counter-productive day, spending money, eating junk food, messing up my room. At least my taxes are done and my to do list decreased.