View Full Version : Anyone write in mirror image as a kid?

momtootwo
04-14-10, 07:12 PM
Just wondering what this is a symptom of?
I know Leonardo Da Vinci wrote like that so at least I'm in good company.:p

meridian
04-15-10, 12:19 AM
I remember trying it when I heard about Leonardo doing it. I found it cool.

Sometimes, for fun, I try to write the same thing in script with my left hand moving to the left as I write with my right hand moving to the right -- mirror-like.

meadd823
04-15-10, 12:35 AM
Just wondering what this is a symptom of?
I know Leonardo Da Vinci wrote like that so at least I'm in good company.:p

It isn't a symptom of any thing during the early stages of development but it can be if it persist

Mirror Writing (http://school.familyeducation.com/learning-disabilities/writing/42767.html)

Hope this helps . . .

Sit-n-Spin
04-16-10, 03:21 PM
Interesting. I can not write in mirror image, but can read upside down. I did not realize until recently that not everyone can do that!

desolationangel
04-16-10, 04:00 PM
Interesting. I can not write in mirror image, but can read upside down. I did not realize until recently that not everyone can do that!

yeah, me too, although i probably could write in mirror image. I am very good at de-coding, and I can read no problem backwards, upside down, etc. It doesn't slow me down at all.

Makes me think of the signs they paint on roads, like 'do not enter', but it will say 'do not' and then 'enter' because I guess you're supposed to read it that way, as you drive, because it's following the progression of the street. Anyway, I have never been able to. It always confuses me- I'll see 'enter/ do not" and be like, huh? If what I said makes any sense...

Sit-n-Spin
04-16-10, 04:19 PM
I think that's along the lines of thinking that you should give children commands for what they should do instead of what they should not. So, say, "Walk!" instead of "Don't run!" With the latter all they here is "run!" Well, kind of the same thing.

meridian
04-16-10, 04:51 PM

Yeah Me too!:cool:

I should have mentioned that in terms of handedness I am pretty ambidextrous and in terms of eye-dominance I am "cross dominant." FWIW

Werl
05-30-10, 11:20 PM
I'm 14, but my writing is compairable to a person in grade 2.