View Full Version : Daily De-clutter..... Tuesday, April 20th

Krys.
04-20-10, 09:03 AM
Good Morning,
How did you do on the mini challenge? As mini as it was I did NOT get it done. The plan was to do it yesterday after picking my kiddo up from school. However, my car acted up on the way home (after DH replaced the fuel pump and everything) and I got consumed with trying to figure out what's wrong with my car :(... and worrying about getting stranded so I didn't get a THING done after that. Perhaps I shall get to it today. Actually, ALL I really got done yesterday was my bathroom and part of the corner I wanted to do... today's "want to" list is:

finish up that corner
yesterday's mini challenge
kitchen
laundry

I'd say "that should be easy enough" but it feels like it's going to be "one of those days" What are your plans today? Make it a great one!
Krys.

krb388
04-20-10, 09:20 AM
Today's plans...

Teach ABC's and 123's
Vacuum upstairs.
Mop the kitchen.
Finish up laundry.
Turn my phone back on.
Start dinner early So I am not freaking out later.(i always forget to take out the meat to defrost)
Remember to check the mail for bills.(forgot to check it for the last two weeks)

And now I think I planned to many things..stressing about the mail I just remembered I forgot to check I hate that.

Krys.
04-20-10, 09:27 AM
Today's plans...

And now I think I planned to many things..stressing about the mail I just remembered I forgot to check I hate that.

Consider your list a rough draft of your day. Decide to do anything on it that is SUPER important (the mail in this case) and after that just do what stands out to you. If you don't get it all done, work on it tomorrow. Try not to stress about the mail, stressing won't change it right? Good Luck! :)

krb388
04-20-10, 09:35 AM
As soon as I am done feeding my kid and doing the dishes I am straight out to the mail box.. Which just happens to be at the end of the street. I guess they felt bad for the mail man walking for now he gets paid to stop at a multi mailbox and I have to get paid nothing to walk a block for bills.................

Suz57
04-20-10, 10:24 AM
Krys- I feel like you're my personal organizing coach! You are making it possible for me to host my son's going away party. 27 people are coming so far- Help!

Accomplished everything yesterday (including mini-challenge). Feel free to post more challenges. I feel guilty if I don't meet my goals, which is a very good thing.

So- today I am:

1. finishing the bills
2. bringing down huge pile of clothes for Goodwill
3. weeding a box of papers
4. clearing upstairs hall

Wish me luck!

stef
04-20-10, 12:15 PM
Nothing but make dinner is on my list today. I won't be back until almost 8:00 pm probably.
- I managed to throw away some leftover peas last night!

Krys.
04-20-10, 09:17 PM
I got quite a bit done on my corner I've wanted to work on. It's looking much much better. Not done yet but it's progress anyway. (= Gonna get started on that pesky kitchen soon.

Suz57: Aww, thanks. Just be sure you don't forget to give credit where credit is due though. YOU are the one doing the work. I just start a thread each day. I'm so glad it's been helpful though. Great Job! Keep it up and everything will be ready before you know it!

stef: as I like to say, any progress is progress. Yay for tossing left over peas!

meridian
04-20-10, 11:33 PM
Hi gang,

Worked all day, saw my therapist and had a little epiphany.

The epiphany was that so many things in my home have changed over the years that I suddenly realized that I actually DO have time to do many of the things I want to do which I was positive were forever lost to poor time management.

It felt good to know that I can handle these things and that no they don't all have to be done immediately.

It goes back to seeing a little bit of progress every day and honoring that.

Krys.
04-20-10, 11:45 PM
Hi gang, Scooby snack anyone? :D

I suddenly realized that I actually DO have time to do many of the things I want to do which I was positive were forever lost to poor time management.

It felt good to know that I can handle these things and that no they don't all have to be done immediately.

It goes back to seeing a little bit of progress every day and honoring that. Absolutely! yay for epiphanies! I realized a long time ago that I have the time to do stuff. I just manage that time poorly. ... Something I am definitely working on working on. (no typo there) And always be glad for progress! :)