View Full Version : Daily De-clutter..... Wednesday, April 21st

Krys.
04-21-10, 07:50 AM
Good Morning Everybody!

How's life treating you all on this beautiful morning? I'm good today. Now, I could totally make a list of everything that needs doing here today.... and it would be LONG! However, my lists have not being going so well for the last couple of days so I'm taking a different approach. Instead of making a list today I'm starting with 1 thing. If I can do one thing that needs doing but I've been letting go then the momentum will build and I will accomplish more. So lets see. My kitchen is in desperate need of a good clean up. No, I'm not saying my one thing is "clean the kitchen" I'm aiming smaller than that. Why? Because the state of my kitchen right this minute is such that there is the potential for me to get a bit overwhelmed if I look at it as a whole. And when I get overwhelmed, sure I might get the kitchen done but that will be ALL I do today. I can't have that now can I? So my starting place is going to be..... drumroll...... THE TOP OF THE MICROWAVE!!! It's not a horrible spot but it is a starting place. Something to get the job rolling. What are your plans today? Nothing is too small as long as it gets you started! Have a WONDERFUL Wednesday!
Krys.

stef
04-21-10, 09:02 AM
have dinner ready before Lyon/Bayern (champions league soccer);
well that's not decluttering really is it! but I try to straighten up the kitchen a bit at the same time...
and, put away the ironing board I used this morning.

Krys.
04-21-10, 09:54 AM
I got started on the Kitchen. So far, the top of the microwave looks great! Then I moved on to the counter next to the microwave. It has officially been thoroughly de-cluttered & cleaned. I even cleaned the coffee pot and refilled my canisters on the counter!!! I never think to do that until they are empty and even then I might not do it. Take the coffee canister for example. I have this habit of letting it go empty then just getting coffee out of the big can instead of just refilling what's on the counter. Drives my husband nuts when goes to make coffee and the canister on top is empty. Just thought I'd come in an update while waiting for the canister lids to dry. I'm not about to put a damp lid on the flour, coffee, or sugar!

Stef: a plan is a plan even if it's not actual de-cluttering. Multi-tasking in the kitchen is a great idea!

stef
04-21-10, 11:04 AM
a plan is a plan even if it's not actual de-cluttering. Multi-tasking in the kitchen is a great idea!

I really can't help it; I am not just going to stand there waiting for something to heat up, and if I leave the kitchen I forget about it
this drives my husband crazy, he's like why are you doing 3 things at once???
nevertheless it's always kind of a mess! but we don't have much cupboard and counter space. (my european housework excuse...)

Krys.
04-21-10, 12:31 PM
I really can't help it; I am not just going to stand there waiting for something to heat up, and if I leave the kitchen I forget about it
this drives my husband crazy, he's like why are you doing 3 things at once???
nevertheless it's always kind of a mess! but we don't have much cupboard and counter space. (my european housework excuse...)

Lol my husband is just the opposite. He thinks it's great when I use that idle time while something's cooking to wipe down the counter or put away a clean dish or two.