View Full Version : Food Poisoning

Quiescent
04-22-10, 03:16 PM
Hi, I'm dealing with food poisoning right now... Have been for a little over 5 days now. I'm having problems with my sensory issues exaggerating my anxiety and my vomiting. I was wondering if some of you had any advice on how I can stop myself from vomiting more than necessary for food poisoning?

I have tried cold/warm baths, cold drinks, room temperature drinks, and cold wash cloths... To no avail. I just puke, puke, puke. And I've been doing this for 5 days now, so I'm kind of in need of some necessary assistance to keep fluids and foods down.

Right now I can feel every organ, and my sensitivities to everything has seemingly increased to a very overwhelming state. Even subtle movements causes me to vomit.

Quiescent
04-22-10, 07:53 PM
I am going to find a way as well, and will post back what works for me. I think this would be useful for many later. However, I'm still happy to hear if anyone else has a way they deal with food poisoning when they've got hyper sensitivity issues. :)

krb388
04-22-10, 08:00 PM
Can someone get you any electrolyte fluids? (like pedialyte) Then drink it out of a straw. ssslowwwwllyyyy. To keep hydrated, but normally after 3 days of feeling this way a doctor would recomend you seek medical attention. and I do to!

Quiescent
04-22-10, 08:18 PM
I'm doing that. The slow part is the hardest. I am more sensitive than usual this time around, and so I'm not so used to drinking slooooooooooooooooooooooower. :( I'm working on that right now, but the movement making me puke thing isn't so nice. And it's not just with movement either. It's everything. I gotta make sure I don't taste, smell, touch anything. Been going commando style because cloths really bother me right now (not when sitting in this chair in front of the A/C, too cold, lol)... Though I'm sure that is a bit more TMI than necessary. Just wish I didn't have to puke as much. It's doing that catch 22 thing where it overstimulates me and makes me more sensitive to things. :S

I know I gotta get to a doctor... But money is the key issue here, that and being too sick to go into a public place like a DMV to get my driver's license changed over for this state. Nearly shot out of my skin the last time I went... Too busy for me to even stay, too many people for a 30 minute wait, just would have been told to come back later. :S I was lucky anyways, that wait would have made me miserable. heh

Sorry, I'm sick-rambling, heh.

I don't want anyone to be worried about me, though. I'm pretty strong headed, despite my anxiety. That's why I posted back, because I kind of realize now that this doesn't sound too pretty...

krb388
04-22-10, 08:33 PM
I am sorry your so sick.....911 will not turn you away....

And I googled found this might be helpful

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/food_poisoning/page6_em.htm#Self-Care%20at%20Home