View Full Version : malnutrition,having bad pain in left side Please help me out

krb388
04-23-10, 03:11 PM
When I got on the generic brand that made me sick...................I wasn't eating for about 20 days I hardly had anything at all or even drinking much.

I noticed for a few days I am having pain in my left side/back right below my rib cage or kind of under my rib cage.

I have been googling what might be wrong.......

Has anyone else had the stimulant medication not eating much and then side pain?????

Please let me know if I should go to the doctor for care/ Please let me know you have felt this and all I need to do is go drink and eat a bunch of food??

Impromptu_DTour
04-23-10, 03:27 PM
Well.. truth be told.. not eating for 20 days, wont "kill" you. Its actually quite healthy to fast for 7 to 20 days, even up to 40, as long as its not done regularly (though always talk your GP first of course).

Though the drinking thing.. thats probably having a huge impact =) The human body can live without solid foods for well into 60+ days with little to no problem as long as its not being forced to adapt arbitrarilly to its enviornment.

However on the topic of DeHydration.. thats a completely different and potentially more serious scenario. And your going to notice a wide range of effects far sooner than you would Malnutrition.

To be honest, that might be your root issue, is Dehydration. Of course you should dry and get some foods in you, but if you havnt been eating for 20 days, your digestive tract is probably shut down by now.. so i would be careful on what foods to reincorporate.. but fresh fruits and vegetables, yogurt with live bacterial cultures (acidophilus etc).. nothing meaty, nothing processed, just pretend you're a vegetarian caveman.. probably would avoid eating food outside of room temperature for a while too.

do this for a few days.. and dont eat too much. Otherwise you'll probably find yourself on the crapper for the next 3 days in a pretty uncomfortable blocked up position ;)

--

Im not sure that i would worry too much outside of that.. but i am not a doctor. There are no major organs on the left side except for a kidney, a lung, and the heart. Usually with malnutrition etc, issues start on the right side with the liver... but it couldnt be a kidney infection.. so drinking alot of water would be a great thing to do anyway..

But do start drinking water.. even if you are not thirsty. I can guarantee you that WILL land you into a very problematic situation if you dont keep that in check.

I_DTour

Impromptu_DTour
04-23-10, 03:34 PM
Please let me know if I should go to the doctor for care/ Please let me know you have felt this and all I need to do is go drink and eat a bunch of food??

I wanted to address this again, a bit more separately, cause this part is important..

since your system would have (in theory) been shut down for a good 17 days now.. (that is.. if you actually havnt been eating solids at all), then "eating a bunch of food" will put you in a really really painful and rough spot.

consider that your digestive system is dormant and asleep right now, and throwing a double Phillie Lardburger with Infused Garlic Cheesecake Steakfries in your gullet is the worst thing you could do.

some fresh vegetables.. citrus (citrus is important when coming off of a fast), and yogurt with some live cultures.. (because you DONT HAVE any bacteria in your intestinal tract right now to create enzymes for you, so you need to reintroduce them). Its easy to overeat.. but dont. And chew your f-.. LOL i totally sound like my mum.

Chew your food about 2 times longer than you normally would, (again.. no enzymes).

.. and you should probably start taking down 2 liters of water / day..

In all seriousness.. i am not a doctor.. if you ARE seriously concerned, then of course you should see your GP. But i would give the water thing a serious go.. and reintroduce a little bit of food first.

I_DTour

krb388
04-24-10, 08:32 PM
I wanted to address this again, a bit more separately, cause this part is important..

since your system would have (in theory) been shut down for a good 17 days now.. (that is.. if you actually havnt been eating solids at all), then "eating a bunch of food" will put you in a really really painful and rough spot.

consider that your digestive system is dormant and asleep right now, and throwing a double Phillie Lardburger with Infused Garlic Cheesecake Steakfries in your gullet is the worst thing you could do.

some fresh vegetables.. citrus (citrus is important when coming off of a fast), and yogurt with some live cultures.. (because you DONT HAVE any bacteria in your intestinal tract right now to create enzymes for you, so you need to reintroduce them). Its easy to overeat.. but dont. And chew your f-.. LOL i totally sound like my mum.

Chew your food about 2 times longer than you normally would, (again.. no enzymes).

.. and you should probably start taking down 2 liters of water / day..

In all seriousness.. i am not a doctor.. if you ARE seriously concerned, then of course you should see your GP. But i would give the water thing a serious go.. and reintroduce a little bit of food first.

I_DTour

I was eating some, but I did lose 10 pounds in that time...

I forgot I asked this question and didn't see your answer untill right now. So I went in the kitchen yesterday right after writing it and started just downing what ever I could handle and drank a huge protein shake (dry mix with milk)...My stomach hurt so bad I had to take a xanax to sleep last night..................

You advise about not eating a whole lot to soon WAS GREAT ADVISE. I really hate that I didn't remember to check this post.....I am kicking myself.........I caused myself so much more pain and even the really BAD pain STABBING me in the side ALL DAY and night STILL did NOT help REMIND me to CHECK this POST..........WTF?????

Well the pain is still there and actually a couple months ago I had this problem on the left side for what felt like a long time but it went away so I forgot about it. Since this forum is so handy when I felt pain this time I decided to ask. I just didn't remember I asked...OMG.....I hate my brain...........

Thank YOU!!
Also I don't think its serious because I noticed right now its not hurting and if my pain comes and goes then It can't be that serious.