View Full Version : Daily De-clutter...... Mini Challenge Monday, April 26th

Krys.
04-26-10, 08:07 AM
Good Morning Fellow De-Clutterers! :D

Another Monday, another mini challenge, another fresh start to a new week! (yes I know that Sunday is technically the first day of the week) I don't have much time this morning so I'll just get to it. If you are anything like me then the phrase "out of sight, out of mind" can be a very real problem. Today we are going to hit another "out of site" spot and will be in the Kitchen again.... I challenge you to de-clutter and/or organize ONE (just one again) CABINET OR DRAWER IN YOUR KITCHEN! Just pick a cabinet door, open it, and get to work. Let us know what you choose and how it goes. If you don't have a kitchen cabinet or drawer that needs attention then all I have for you is a pat on the back! I'm not sure which one I'm doing yet but I will keep you posted. (= Have a MARVELOUS Monday!
Krys.

stef
04-26-10, 08:13 AM
yikes no time for that one today!
but as always thanks for the encouragement.

Suz57
04-26-10, 08:42 AM
My cabinets are actually organized. The only place in the house that is! So- I'll continue with the first mini-challenge and clean two more shelves in the fridge. My goal is to finish de-cluttering two bedrooms today. Less than 2 weeks until the party- yikes!

Krys.
04-26-10, 11:27 AM
I did one of my food cabinets... ok so 2 of my food cabinets (the contents behind 2 doors) I found a box of pop tarts that had a "best by" date of march 2009... time for those to go bye bye! Other than that I've put DH's work clothes where they go and put a couple of bills in the mail. Not sure what I'll do next...there is definitely no shortage of things to do. First, gonna have some more coffee though. Have not even had a full cup yet today. (=

Stef: Hmmm, how about a compromise. If there is no time for a whole cabinet then why not pick 5 things in a cabinet to either straighten, declutter or organize. Surely there is time for 5 things, but if not then make it 3 things. Even one thing counts as something. (=

Suz57: Great job keeping organized cabinets. That is an area that I'm definitely lacking in. I organize them, then mess them up in a few months. My spice cabinet was already fairly organized though so YAY for that. (= It's great that you are finding your own mini challenge to do instead. Keep up the good work.

stef
04-26-10, 12:22 PM
before the kitchen I need to do some of the stuff I didn't do yesterday (we had company). especially put away some clothes and find something to wear for tomorrow.

meridian
04-26-10, 01:42 PM
Finally did two loads of laundry -- all of my socks and underwear! :eek:

Krys.
04-26-10, 01:47 PM
Finally did two loads of laundry -- all of my socks and underwear! :eek:

You must have a whole boat load of socks and underwear. Gonna join the mini challenge?

stef
04-26-10, 04:25 PM
well count me out today unfortunately...
BUT this thing at work I was really-really-really-really worried about, came out ok so I am taking the night off!

meridian
04-26-10, 04:32 PM
You must have a whole boat load of socks and underwear. Gonna join the mini challenge?

Yeah I was surprised too! :eek:

The mini-challenge, eh? Do I have a week to do it?:rolleyes:

I know it's funny but I had a professional organizer come in one time to help me and she commented that everything was backwards here.

What she meant was that my closets and drawers were all organized, it was the stuff out in plain sight that was a mess!

So I'd have to tackle the rest of the coffee table. Remember the coffee table? I got most of the junk off of it but it is till messy and needs a good hit with some glass cleaner, so yeah I'll do that!:)

Thanks!

Krys.
04-26-10, 07:42 PM
Stef: congrats on your work thing working out. Worrying takes a lot of energy.

Meridian: I do remember the coffee table. Better git-er-done!