View Full Version : Daily De-clutter.... Tuesday, April 27th

Krys.
04-27-10, 06:53 AM
Good Morning,
I can't believe it's almost the end of April already! Wow, just wow. Today I"m still maintaining the Kitchen and the Living room. I'd also like to get some laundry done and maybe de-clutter another cabinet. What are your plans today? Whatever they may be, have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!
Krys.

CircularingCats
04-27-10, 08:55 AM
Good Morning,
I can't believe it's almost the end of April already! Wow, just wow. Today I"m still maintaining the Kitchen and the Living room. I'd also like to get some laundry done and maybe de-clutter another cabinet. What are your plans today? Whatever they may be, have a TERRIFIC Tuesday!
Krys.

April is not yet done with, nor am I done with my (re)organizing -- or whatever you want to call it!:D

For me, every bit counts, so these last days of April do indeed count, in my book.

Had a mad dash putting away "stuff" session last Friday in anticipation of a visitor. Then, the visitor changed her mind at the last minute and came on Saturday morning, allowing me even more time to get things in better shape.

Then after Saturday, had a passing away of my cat, so I didn't get anything done whatsoever. However, now knowing my elderly cat is now in better hands (I believe in cat heaven, for her :)), I'm feeling freer emotionally.

(Oops, sorry for the derailing, but I think the explanation counts in this case....)

My goal and mood feel like tackling some of the piles of "like things" together with like things that I had made in my cram session to get ready for my recent visitor.

(In my opinion, the way I make my piles they don't look too bad. They are not allllll flung together in any old manner.)

Tackle:
1) dishes in sink
2) clothes piles (both laundered and dirtied)
3) take soiled clothes to neighborhood laundry
4) refill large water bottles at the water store next to the laundromat -- we ADDers need our good-tasting water! :D
5) reshelf books laying around
6) tie up newspapers with twine
7) take newspaper bundles to recycling center down the street

Now that's a nice size list there to work on.

Have a great day, everyone! :)

Suz57
04-27-10, 09:39 AM
Hi Everyone-

Didn't accomplish all of the goals for yesterday but still got a lot done. This morning want to finish two bedrooms. Then I'm off to the shelter. Have a fun day on this gloomy rainy day.:)

krb388
04-27-10, 09:43 AM
Good Morning,

My list for today. I have to get these things done. I have to, have to, really have to do these today!!(just convincing myself)

1. Get this laundry under control.
2. Clean kids bathroom.
3. Put up kids clothes, the ones I washed last week and are still in a basket folded.

I am not going to make my list to long......................These things really need to get done today. Now I am going to get motivated..somehow...

Thank you for always putting this up...........and have a terrific Tuesday to you to..

meridian
04-27-10, 09:55 AM
I have a pretty fun day today -- with no de-cluttering in sight! haha

Once I stop perusing the ADDF that is. :rolleyes:

I get paid (yay) and then I get to pay bills (much better than not)

Finish a small website revision I'd been putting off (2/3 done now)

Go to therapy

Go out for a nice Italian dinner with a great friend,

Then she and I go to see "Sondheim on Sondheim" at Studio 54!

Krys.
04-27-10, 01:45 PM
My best friend had to be my "voice of reason" today. I have several boxes of just random stuff in the house. This morning I was trying to decide if I wanted to continue to work on the main aspects of the house OR work on one of the boxes. She told me... main house. The reason? Because she too is ADD and knows me well. She reminded me that if I get into one of those boxes and the main part of the house is not done then that box will lead to more boxes and more stuff out. Combined with what I already needed to do it would end up an overwhelming mess that I didn't want to do. She was right, so instead of going through a box today, I've been working on the other aspects of the house. I did declutter my cabinets with the cups in it so that putting away some of the dishes would be easier. I also washed dishes. Gathered up the boxes of random stuff and stacked them neatly in one corner of the living room and picked up a few random things. (=

CircularingCats: You are absolutely right, april is NOT over yet. I'm the same as you with my piles. They are organized chaos so to speak... pile of papers (often stacked neatly, but a pile none the less) pile of laundry, pile of dishes. My issue is the boxes of random stuff I mentioned above. *sigh* :o Sorry to hear about your cat. That's never pleasant. :(

Suz57: Congrats on getting a lot done yesterday! That's awesome. :D It's not rainy and gloomy here today but definitely chilly (51 degrees right now) Wish the weather would make up it's mind.

krb388: You can totally get those things done! :cool: Just pick a place to start. I hear ya on the motivation. I literally have to MAKE myself get started some days, but once I start the momentum kicks in. I sometimes find it helpful to cover the clocks. When I can't see the time I get more done. I do make sure to set alarms on those days though if there is something important I need to do at a particular time. :)

meridian: fun day with no de-cluttering huh? I guess that means you finished your coffee table.:rolleyes: Enjoy your evening plans.

krb388
04-27-10, 02:12 PM
So far...........

1. Laundry has started
2. Vacuumed the stairs
3. Swept kitchen and front entry
4. Cleaned the counter tops
5. watched an episode of private practice I had missed
6. Got the recycling bin outside for pick up
7. Vacuumed the entire down stairs
8. picked up my bathroom
9. cleaned out microwave
10.meat defrosting for dinner

All this got done why the heck didn't I do whats planned.......grrr

Ok I am going right now upstairs to get this kids bathroom under control.........after reading this over I didn't get much of anything done...wow and for some reason I feel like I have been cleaning all day....

Krys.
04-27-10, 04:53 PM
So far...........

1. Laundry has started
2. Vacuumed the stairs
3. Swept kitchen and front entry
4. Cleaned the counter tops
5. watched an episode of private practice I had missed
6. Got the recycling bin outside for pick up
7. Vacuumed the entire down stairs
8. picked up my bathroom
9. cleaned out microwave
10.meat defrosting for dinner

All this got done why the heck didn't I do whats planned.......grrr

Ok I am going right now upstairs to get this kids bathroom under control.........after reading this over I didn't get much of anything done...wow and for some reason I feel like I have been cleaning all day....

I do that all the time. I'll make a short list then do 10 things but not one of them was on the list. Then it feels like it's been all day and there isn't much to show for it. But hey, you got those done right? And in roughly 4 hours. I should say 3 hrs though... the episode of private practice took up close to 1 right? That's not bad at all. Don't be too hard on yourself.