View Full Version : Daily De-clutter.... Thursday, April 29th

Krys.
04-29-10, 07:07 AM
Good Morning Everybody!

I hope the day is finding you well. My headache did NOT go away until much later than I posted yesterday. By the time it was gone I was wiped out. Funny how pain can do that to you. So, all I got done was the kitchen. I've been trying to keep that done even if I don't do anything else. So far so good. :cool: I don't know if I want to plan on tackling my list from yesterday or just do what comes to me. I do have a few things that MUST be done today though:

Some grocery shopping
put away groceries after the shopping
maintain the kitchen

Other than that I'd like to get the bathroom done and some laundry too. We shall see how it goes. What are your plans today? Hope you have a GLORIOUS Thursday!
Krys.

meridian
04-29-10, 08:48 AM
Krys you are going great guns! Good on ya!

I've been doing OK, getting things done for work that need doing, but in terms of de-clutter about the best I can say for now is that I'm holding my own in the kitchen sink and that alone is a biggie for me!

Suz57
04-29-10, 09:09 AM
Krys- glad your headache finally went away. Meridian- a clean sink sounds good to me.

Definitely wasted yesterday- spent three hours watching mindless TV. So- today's a new day. My son and a friend are coming to work for me today so hopefully, this will be our last big push. Goals for me include:

finish laundry
clear bathroom counter
clear kitchen counter
finish living room
clear bureau
clean bathroom

I'll stop there and see how far I get. Nine days, 6 hours and 48 minutes until party! Yikes!

meridian
04-29-10, 10:11 AM
Nine days, 6 hours and 48 minutes until party! Yikes!

Tell yourself it's just 48 minutes!:eek::eek::eek:

stef
04-29-10, 12:20 PM
ok I am out of here!
I'll see what i can get done at home
I kind of straightened up here at work
I've finished my document! and put it in a folder for my boss' return.
This is the nicest day I've had in a while.

krb388
04-29-10, 12:26 PM
My list for today...

1.Wake up-stayed up late panicking over the gallon of red paint i used...
2.Go to home depot buy some more paint to cover this up
3.Tell the sales man that pink tinted primer was a stupid suggestion and now my "accent" wall looks ridiculous..
4.Call around and come up with donations so one of my rescue dogs so he doesn't have to be put down.
5.Remember to get my debit card from my mom(hour 1/2 drive ehh)
6.Schedule a meeting to get pain medication for my dog(also an hour 1/2 drive)
7.Try to find a holistic cure for for heartworms.....
8.Remind myself not to ever paint with red again..or any other color....
9.Play monopoly with my step-son even if it takes a few hours....must do this at least twice a week...
10.Start dinner now.....so im not rushing 5 minutes to bed time...

Ok what a day this is going to be..........

Krys.
04-29-10, 01:20 PM
Wow, it is a BEAUTIFUL day! I did the grocery shopping, put away 98% of the stuff I got. And I'm about 85% done with the bathroom. I have not maintained the kitchen yet but I will. Gonna give myself 20 more minutes maybe before I get to it. :)
Krys.

meridian: Thanks. I've been forcing myself with the kitchen. I have this awful habit of seeing 5 or 6 dishes in the sink and thinking "it's just 5 or 6 things, I'll do them later" then later both sides are full and it appears to be this overwhelming HUGE task (I was dishes by hand) and when I'm done washing I don't want to do anything else. So instead, now when I see those few things I may think "it's just 5 or 6 things I'll do them la... NO I'll do them now, it's just 5 or 6 things" :cool: It doesn't ALWAYS work but mostly it does.

Suz57: Love that you are keeping a "can do" attitude. That can make all the difference in the world. You've been doing so great. Keep it up! :)

stef: So glad that you had a nice day. As for home, always remember, one thing at a time and anything is still something! :)

krb388: I read about your paint saga. Any chance that it won't look as bad as you think once everything else is in place? Sometimes paint looks horrible when it's lonely in the room. Good Luck with everything with the dogs and the paint. :)

Suz57
04-29-10, 01:55 PM
Meridian- the thought of 48 minutes would probably bring on a heart attack:)

krb- what a difference geography makes. It doesn't even take an hour to drive across my state! Native Rhode Islanders have been known to pack a suitcase for 45 minute drives!

Latest update- hmmm...nothing on the list has been done. But- I did buy a curtain rod so I can hang curtains in the bedroom where my father-in-law will sleep. I burned up another box of old papers and took out about 5 boxes of papers for recycling. I'm almost finished with clearing the counter and have taken down stuff for the basement. ok back to work- how are you doing today?

krb388
04-29-10, 02:07 PM
Kry.- Thank you...

Suz- lol packing a bag for 45 min drive.....just about anywhere i go takes about 30 to 40 min and to get anywhere you have to drive the freeway.....Can you imagine what this does for my arrival times.....LOL talk about always being late...I am always really really late....

My update....Couldn't get ahold of anyone so I don't want to waste gas driving there if no one will be home..I hate when that happens.

1.Home Depot is giving us a new gallon of paint for 5 dollars to see if it helps....my problem is I didn't paint in straight lines just little here little there and now it looks dark and light in different spots roller marks everywhere lol.....

2.Gave the dog some vitamins and asprin and he seems to be ok for now.

3.While painting I didn't clean so my house is now a disaster.....

4.I need to take my medication and get to going right now ok going...yall have a good day.......

stef
04-29-10, 04:12 PM
well this is ironic- had to throw away a small portion of pasta leftovers. then, i went and made the exact same meal. There is some left over...