View Full Version : Daily De-Clutter.....Mini Challenge Monday, May 3rd

Krys.
05-03-10, 07:36 AM
Good Morning All!

Another Monday! Looks like I"m not going anywhere today. My car is DEAD! We changed the fuel filter, then the fuel pump, and then it died and hubby put a new ignition control module on it (all in the same month) And NOW he thinks the oil pump is out. :( Not putting anymore money into a 14 yr old car with 290,000 miles it. I'm very thankful though. When it died I was turning onto a dirt road (rather than in the middle of the highway) and when it died on hubby yesterday he was only about 2 miles from home and was able to get it off the road. Must give thanks for that! :p:D

Ok now that I've got that out of my system..... IT'S MONDAY!!!!! Time for a mini challenge. You just wait I will be the ONLY one with this problem..... COBWEBS! Yes, I said cobwebs. When I have everything in order and am following a schedule, I keep cobwebs done. But I have been off schedule for awhile and just realized that I'm beginning to collect them. So if you have any cobwebs... GET OUT YOUR BROOM (or vacuum) AND GET THEM DOWN!! What other plans do you have? If you don't have cobwebs, what mini challenge can you come up with for yourself? This is the other stuff that I'd like to get done today:

mow part of the yard
maintain the kitchen
clean bathroom (top to bottom.... no cabinets though)
entryway

Hope you all have a MAGNIFICENT Monday!
Krys.

stef
05-03-10, 08:05 AM
No cobwebs!
BUT this is it: my mom is coming to visit, she arrives early Saturday. I'll be away Friday evening. So this leaves *4 NIGHTS* to finish getting the apartment ready. We got a good start yesterday.
I can't plan day by day because I have no idea what's going to happen at work - so here is my list for the week:
- clear off dresser and nightstand
- make room in the closet for her coat and anything else she needs to hang up
- get rid of or hide the junk in bathroom: half empty shampoo bottles etc (we have no bathroom storage at all...)
- same for the kitchen. ok it's spacious for France but totally cluttered! and throw out old sponges etc.
- finish cleaning refrigerator (yikes).

It's not that she is critical, but clutter really bothers her. (I'm equally uncomfortable at her place because it's just too freakin' neat. It looks like no one even lives there!)

- wait if you're in the midwest it was only 6:30 am when you posted. congratulations! sorry to hear about your car.

Krys.
05-03-10, 08:25 AM
No cobwebs!
BUT this is it: my mom is coming to visit, she arrives early Saturday. I'll be away Friday evening. So this leaves *4 NIGHTS* to finish getting the apartment ready. We got a good start yesterday.
I can't plan day by day because I have no idea what's going to happen at work - so here is my list for the week:
- clear off dresser and nightstand
- make room in the closet for her coat and anything else she needs to hang up
- get rid of or hide the junk in bathroom: half empty shampoo bottles etc (we have no bathroom storage at all...)
- same for the kitchen. ok it's spacious for France but totally cluttered! and throw out old sponges etc.
- finish cleaning refrigerator (yikes).

It's not that she is critical, but clutter really bothers her. (I'm equally uncomfortable at her place because it's just too freakin' neat. It looks like no one even lives there!)

- wait if you're in the midwest it was only 6:30 am when you posted. congratulations! sorry to hear about your car.

Yay that you don't have cobwebs! I go through spells where I never have them... right now is NOT one of those spells. I hope you enjoy your visit. My mom is more ADD than I am so if I have clutter she doesn't care. Instead, she will help me with stuff (dishes anyone?) I love that most of the time when she gets here she says "your house looks so....GOOD" and is all surprised. lol Now... I'm lost, what was the congratulations for? Yes it was 6:30am when I posted :) I usually get up sometime around 5am and will post this anytime between 5 and 7 here.

Suz57
05-03-10, 09:26 AM
Very depressed right now. After all of this de-cluttering, I told my hubbie that I really needed some appreciation for what I've achieved. His original reply was that he didn't notice the mess so he couldn't tell what I've done. This comes after two huge carloads of stuff have been taken to Goodwill. There's been at least the equivalent of 10 garbage bags of papers discarded. I could go on and on but you get the picture.

Then- to top it off, my neighbor (OCD type neat) came over to see what I've done and after looking around said show me what you've accomplished. Excuse me- you are now able to walk on the floors without stepping over or around something- hmmm... does that give you a clue?

Well- it's time for my shower. I just need to shake it off, get a grip and get movin'. 5 days, 6 hours and 32 minutes!

Krys.
05-03-10, 11:54 AM
Very depressed right now. After all of this de-cluttering, I told my hubbie that I really needed some appreciation for what I've achieved. His original reply was that he didn't notice the mess so he couldn't tell what I've done. This comes after two huge carloads of stuff have been taken to Goodwill. There's been at least the equivalent of 10 garbage bags of papers discarded. I could go on and on but you get the picture.

Then- to top it off, my neighbor (OCD type neat) came over to see what I've done and after looking around said show me what you've accomplished. Excuse me- you are now able to walk on the floors without stepping over or around something- hmmm... does that give you a clue?

Well- it's time for my shower. I just need to shake it off, get a grip and get movin'. 5 days, 6 hours and 32 minutes!

Try not to let them get you down. You've been doing a phenomenal job. Whether anybody else sees it or not, YOU know it and that's a big thing. Men can be oblivious and as for the "OCD neat" neighbor... all that one will see is what's left to be done... or what they would be doing. You can't let them get you discouraged or depressed. My best friend had been working super hard on her house in recent months. To her it looked great but her husband was only seeing what was still to be done. As for me and my house. My husband notices what I do but is scared to say anything because it almost always goes back to the way it was. That's part of why I like this thread... It's a place to stay accountable, a place to brag, a place to vent, a place to receive encouragement, and a place to be understood with all this house stuff. (= Be proud of what you've accomplished and admire your work. :)