View Full Version : I'm trying the hunter-gatherer diet.

EshkaronsEngine
05-05-10, 01:44 AM
I got hazelnuts, brazilnuts, walnuts and others on hand when my body comes a courting.

I eat some dried meats and I have plenty of non-alcoholized barley and hops to fill in the necessary calories.

I love my apples and bananas and drink plenty of V-8.

I'm ready to take it to the next step. Just not quite sure what that is yet.

sarek
05-05-10, 03:40 AM
Bugs perhaps? Mammoths?
I watch national geographic too and there are a few less appealing things about that lifestyle. But perhaps its just what one is used to.

But seriously, tell me how your body is reacting to this change in diet. You are not lacking in anything essential?
I know bananas for instance are pretty nutritious. Too bad they cause a monstrous allergic reaction with me.

Marspider
05-05-10, 04:43 AM
What criteria are you using for what you eat or don't eat?(I'm genuinely curious) Cause many people believe hunter-gatherer didn't eat grains which is not true.

I got hazelnuts, brazilnuts, walnuts and others on hand when my body comes a courting.

I eat some dried meats and I have plenty of non-alcoholized barley and hops to fill in the necessary calories.

I love my apples and bananas and drink plenty of V-8.

I'm ready to take it to the next step. Just not quite sure what that is yet.

Nick
05-13-10, 01:03 PM
The Hunter Gatherer diet is fantastic. I'd strongly recommend it.

Whole grains are very sketchy, and I don't know what to believe to be honest. I think they are indeed bad for you, however, the fiber benefits alone are very important.

Plus most people just can't give up bread etc, so switching to whole grains, while not perfect, is far better than not. And it prevents people from giving up on the diet.